Maestronet Forums

Internet violins

thierryb

• 2 months later...

They look very nice, but how can one tell about the graduation, detailwork, and so on from an image? But typically one will not put that much finishing work into an inferior instrument. But they do look rather nice for the price!

I wish it said something like "individually graduated to the ______ pattern and set up using the acoustical philosophies of ______ to achieve a tone and responsiveness similar to ______ violins." A picture is so difficult to hear and play.

But presuming a return policy that is OK, they look very nice.

Steve

I've had a Bartok violin from Stringworks for a couple of months now - I just love it and the customer service from Stringworks is great! The Bartok is beautiful, has a beautiful tone and is a joy to play. My violin playing friends and teacher have tried it out and agree it is a great instrument for the price. I looked at violins twice the price but liked none better than the Bartok.

Even their lower priced instruments are beautifully finished and set up well. I have an Artist that cost about 1/3 of the price of the Bartok and was surprised to get such quality in that price range. It sounds like it should have cost 2 or 3 times as much. If that is any indication, the Bartok should be magnificent.

I'm toying with the idea of trading up when their new Michael Todd line comes out. My only reservation is that in all honesty I don't need a better instrument; so I have to decide if just wanting it is reason enough.