Maestronet Forums

calling all teenagers

FiddleChic

Hi, I'm not a teenager but I have 3 kids that are. My oldest son is 17 and took violin lessons for ten years. He doesn't play much anymore but I hope he'll get back to it someday

Son #2 is a fine classical cellist. He's 16 and started when he was 4.

My daughter aill be 13 this week and she plays harp and piano.

What keeps you guys going through the busy high school years? Is it your high school orchestra? Sadly my boy's high school doesn't have a music dept. but they excel in Drama so the boys have been acting. It's a great group of kids and they enjoy the social interaction. Without an orchestra or chamber music group playing the violin can be lonely.

Okay, hello, it's about time I chimed in here. . .

I am a 15 year old fiddler from Michigan. I have been playing (and classically trained) for over 8 years. I have changed over to fiddling for almost 2 years. I also play the guitar, hammered dulcimer, Irish pennywhistle, acoustic bass, some mandolin, some Irish banjo, and some Irish bazouki. My favorite music is Irish. I play in a group called "Fireweed", which you can see our website at: www.fireweedmusic.homestead.com

Nice to meet all of you!!

Journ smile.gif

17 year old from Louisiana. Someone once told me that the difference between a violin and a fiddle was how they are played. I just started playing so I really dont count as either a fiddlist or a voilinist but I thought i'd reply anyway! smile.gif I forgot: I also play the piano, flute, mandolin, guitar, and sing. I'm in like 4 differnent bands. I play every type of music from classical to jazz to bluegrass to rock.

[This message has been edited by babytiffie (edited 01-01-2002).]

hey,

i was the posted this topic, it is sooo cool to see that all you have replied! i was hoping that maybe more people in ontario where i live would have repiled! especially if they have gone to the fiddle camp i want to go to, i want to know if it is good! anyhoo, hope to see even more teens reply smile.gif

18 years old, down here in Oklahoma, where I'm sure no other teenagers who visit here live. smile.gif

Yes I'll be majoring in music, but not cello. I'm definitely not good enough at the cello! I'll probably major in Church Music with Piano Emphasis (which is, actually, the official title) at Oklahoma Baptist University.

Aaron

Hello all -- not many New Englanders! Well, here I am. I am 15, in 10th grade. I play mostly classical violin but also viola, celtic/NE fiddle, classical/folk guitar, recorder, used to play trombone and recorder. nice to meet you all! I only know one other my-age violinist in my county.