calling all teenagers

FiddleChic

quote:

Originally posted by High Strung:

19 years old, otherwise known as 1008 moons...Barrie, Ontario...traddie fiddle music and anything else I can find (including some interesting Danish waltzes and polkas!)

hey fellow canadian,

since u r from ontario. have u heard of the orangville fiddle camp? i might go this summer, but i've never been there before and was wondering if you have and if its cool or not.

I've heard of the Orangeville fiddle camp, and would absolutely love to go. You should take the opportunity. I have seen a website all about it, and it looks like a lot of fiddling, and a lot of french-canadian step dancing lessons...which I would attend at every possible moment!! Its the french style that Leahy dance. Do a search, and I'm sure you'll find the website.

I think any fiddle camp would be cool.

b. 1984 in Canada. I've been taking violin lessons since the age of 5.

Where I live there are no high school orchestra's. The arts programs have been cut from high schools in my province. Makes me disgusted at the provincial government. Last year something like $7.5 was spent per capita. I've got to move.

hey gamina,

i live near belleville ontario, it is about 3 hours away from hamilton. ever heard of the orangville fiddle camp? i think i might go this summer but want to know if it is any good.i am also 17 and i play fiddle.

VIVEZZA-too bad about your arts school being cut. however i live in ontario and i go to an arts school, so we still have some good programs here smile.gif