Maestronet Forums

Confess your sins !

Miranda

I listen to Queen mostly, but I also listen to Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Sepultura, Anthrax, and Cannibal Corpse. This music accounts for about 2 percent of my listening time, usually when I drive to the store or work out...its hard to work out to the paganini caprices (you might kill yourself!)

I probably asked this question to slyly find out what 'pop music' really was !

I like Led Zep, Early (pre Phil Collins) Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queen, Red Hot Chilli's,

Animals, Yello & Dire Straits.

Many others but these are my fave's.

I can't help loving Metallica as well.

Whatever is on the radio, as long as it's not country or grossly alternative.

Alanis Morrissette

Light House

Shaggy

Nelli

Nelly Fortado

BareNaked Ladies

Creed

Sarah M. (not even gonna try to spell her name)

All the Girl Bands

All the Boy Bands

Candace Lacina (she's a friend of mine who co-wrote the Tegan & Sarah song on "Sweet November")

Loreena McKennit

roman

[This message has been edited by roman (edited 05-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by roman (edited 05-27-2001).]

Bless me, Miranda, for I too have sinned.

I like a good tune wherever I hear it ~

especially a good ballad number!

Actually, I thought this thread would be a chance to acknowledge that there's a bit of bragging going on from time to time on this board. I find the real experts very tolerant, moderate and patient in their responses. Here's to you, Michael, Jeffrey and all.

Truth is my experience, knowledge of instruments, repetoire, is patchy, limited,

little real expertise, just gleanings.

As a player too big technical deficiencies too. Can't play a proper staccato, poor rhythym, dubious intonation, atrocious sight-reader, et cetera. How's that for a confession?

But I still really enjoy myself and get away with murder - I look accomplished, maybe?!

Omo.

I mostly like Heather Nova, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Our Lady Peace, and Dave Matthews Band. Heather Nova, Sarah McLachlan, and Dido have very beautiful, poetic lyrics, Our Lady Peace is simply neato, and Dave Matthews Band is uplifting and just plain fun!

[This message has been edited by Jeswinky* (edited 05-27-2001).]

I actually prefer rock recordings to classical music, an orchestra looses so much.

I like Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Dave Matthew's Band, Eric Clapton, BB King, Steve R Vaughn, Tool, Grateful Dead, Barenaked Ladies, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Generally I loath pop vocalists but Sara M, Bonnie Rate(sp), Linda Ronstad, and Frank Sinatra are alright.

Mostly I prefer Jazz though.

I peed in the hot tub, and then when I was--oh, those sins! Let's see...

Metallica, Queen, Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Stone Temple Pilots, Simon & Garfunkel, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, (ahem) Monty Python, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and other assorted songs here and there from the 60's-80's, plus a little more recent stuff. A few specific isolated songs are Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle," "American Pie," and "It's Oh So Quiet" (Bjork), "E.I." (Nelly), "Butterfly" (Crazytown), and some rap. I can't think of any others right now since my beloved MP3 collection is locked up in storage somewhere in Baltimore. Most of the non-60's/70's is just for ****s and giggles. I listen to the other stuff because of what good music and good words can do together.

-Aman

[This message has been edited by vieuxtemps (edited 05-27-2001).]

OH NO !!!!! I didn't mean these kind of confessions :-

"I peed in the hot tub," frown.gif (lol)

Well if we must ...... I peed out of the window once shocked.gif

No really ! I know it's not a 'sin' to listen to pop, just that a lot of my friends who are seriously into classical, tend to hide their pop cd's when 'other' friends visit.