Maestronet Forums

Duet for Solo Violin by Paganini

andrewuy

Any body play this piece?

I just happen to take a peep at the score from a website (the shocking website if you remember), and I just want to know if this is really a duet played by a single violin? Seems impossible to play both the rhythm and accompaniment together.

quote:

Originally posted by andrewuy:

Any body play this piece?

I just happen to take a peep at the score from a website (the shocking website if you remember), and I just want to know if this is really a duet played by a single violin? Seems impossible to play both the rhythm and accompaniment together.

Yep, it sure IS possible, but I wouldn't recommend it! Unless you're NUTS!!

Nel Cor Piu Non Mi Sento Versions:

Leila Josefowicz, Kogan, Ricci, Accardo, Repin, Kino Masayuki (A Japanese, he didn't care about his inotation),Ilya Gringolts, Viktoria Mullova ... etc That's all I have, I think there should be more.

Duet for Solo Violin (Also called Duo Merveille) Versions:

Accardo (probably the best,the most clear one. But he can only barely play that accurately), Ricci, Kino Masayuki (Still inotation problem, one note is extremely flat)

Hope it helps!

Guarneri del Gesu

[This message has been edited by Guarneri del Gesu (edited 05-15-2001).]

quote:

Originally posted by Guarneri del Gesu:

Nel Cor Piu Non Mi Sento Versions:

Leila Josefowicz, Kogan, Ricci, Accardo, Repin, Kino Masayuki (A Japanese, he didn't care about his inotation),Ilya Gringolts, Viktoria Mullova ... etc That's all I have, I think there should be more.

Duet for Solo Violin (Also called Duo Merveille) Versions:

Accardo (probably the best,the most clear one. But he can only barely play that accurately), Ricci, Kino Masayuki (Still inotation problem, one note is extremely flat)

Hope it helps!

Guarneri del Gesu

[This message has been edited by Guarneri del Gesu (edited 05-15-2001).]

I freaking HATE it when the message deletes and you have to type it all over! Its something I DONT PARTICUALRILY LIKE!!!

ANYWAY... Well, I have a recording of Nel Por... By a violinist named Papravi. I dont know his first name, and I dont know where the CD is that I have of him playing it. I bought it at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square, and I think it was the last one and its out of production now...

Has anybody heard of this guy? He must have been, from what it looked like in the picture, around 25. And he played a lot of Sarasate, the Paganini's, and the Carmen Fantacy - still the best one i've ever heard (intonation, style, etc). This guy has it all.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

P

About 20 years ago I bought the 6 record set of Accardo playing all of Paganini's Concertos and hated them, sloppy and thin sounding.

Someone said he re-recorded them all so I decided to buy the 6cd set of complete Paganini recordings. While Accardo does not breathe fire like Rabin or Kogan, the recordings sound great and the playing is singing and passionate. I would reccomend these recordings to anyone, they are wonderful and worth every penny.

I also love Accardo's romantic interpretation of the complete Bruch Concertos.