Maestronet Forums

MP3 from my CD

roman

Hi all. MusicMatch worked for me finally. laugh.gif

Here is an MP3 of an arrangement of the hymn "Holy Holy Holy". My accompanist and I decided to go into the arrangement using the normal hymnal version as an intro to it. Then the actuall arrangement begins with the broken chords in the piano while I hold onto the D. I wrote an obligato based on the theme and played it above the really long held D at the end and then changed some of the notes in the last chord to fit my idea of how I wanted the ending. It was originally written for 4 voices. I can't say off hand who arranged the original one but I'll check later.

One more thing. Please everyone, I'm posting this trusting you all not to download this and keep it. Please only download it to listen, then please delete. If it was my own arrangement I would have no problem with this, but I don't have all the copyrights completely in order as of yet. Please respect my request.

Here it is at a borrowed yahoo account (Yahoo wasn't co-operating when I tried to sign up):

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/charissa...r=/My+Documents

click on "Holy Holy Holy"

roman

P.S. I'll post some clips of the Guadagnini later. See if you can hear it in the above clip where I use scordatura (spelling/right word?) tuning. I'll post my own (and my accompanists) arrangement of "Just As I Am" later if you want...you can keep that one I think. laugh.gif

[This message has been edited by roman (edited 05-13-2001).]

You'll need to do the following:

- Have a Yahoo! ID. If you don't have one, go to www.yahoo.com and sign up for My Yahoo.

- Click on the link that roman posted.

- Enter your Yahoo! ID and password if prompted to do so (which you will be if you haven't logged into Yahoo recently).

- Click on the MP3 link in the page that will appear.

- Choose "Save to disk". Save the file somewhere.

- On a Windows PC, double-click on the file. This will bring up a dialogue box asking what program you want to open the file with. Pick the name of the program you normally use to play MP3 files (probably RealPlayer or WinAmp). On a Mac, drag-and-drop the file onto RealPlayer (or whatever program you normally use to play MP3s).

- The sound clip should play.

[This message has been edited by lwl (edited 05-13-2001).]

roman,

This is lovely playing, and a terrific arrangement!

Look forward to hearing the rest of your CD (and you can add me to the list of people who'd like to buy a copy; I can't think of much in the way of recorded sacred music for violin).

Roman,

Thank you for sharing your gift with us. My daughter and I so enjoyed your gorgeous, rich tone. We look forward to hearing more from you. Please let us know where you have decided to go to school next year (you're likely to have posted this already, but we've probably missed it) and if your travels ever take you to the Philadelphia area. My daughter would love to play some duets!

You sound great! Congratulations!

But how on earth did you do some of that stuff? I could have sworn I heard double octaves with vibrato on both notes (so not involving an open string) and also a passage where you were holding a lower note (with vibrato) while simultaneously playing a higher line with heavy accents. I'll probably look silly for asking, but did you use two tracks for yourself? If not, do you have monster hands, or two right arms so you can use two bows at once? Hehe, well I've only listened to it once; maybe I should go hear it again. Congrats on the CD smile.gif

-Jesse

Wow! You all are so kind! Thank-you for the feedback. Like I said before, there are a couple things on the CD that still catch my attention as things that still could've needed more attention, but time and money are a factor. I'll let you all know when it is available. It was certainly a bigger project than I had expected but I'm hoping that it will go into production in early June and be ready by mid June.

Thanks again!

roman

Jesse: On this particular selection I did have to use my third arm... laugh.gif No! Actually, on this one I used I think it was 3 or 4 tracks on some parts. On the last part I just recorded the really long "D" and then we went back and recorded a new track while I listened to the first one through earphones.

[This message has been edited by roman (edited 05-13-2001).]

Roman,

Brava! Wonderful job! May I ask what recording system you used?

Have you had any experience with the "Tascam 788 Digital Portastudio"? This is the system that my band and I are working with.

How long did it take you to get used to playing while wearing headphones? (because that is a problem for me right now)

Terrific!

Journ

Wow, Roman, what a fantastic arrangement and performance.

Do you know that "Holy, Holy, Holy" was the first tune I learned -- it was between my second and third violin lessons, at the beginning of February.

Now my goal is to be able to play it like that! That would probably make it the last thing I ever play, too. smile.gif

That was the most difficult file I've ever had to delete from my computer. Press those CDs fast, please.

Thank you ever so much for sharing, it was inspiring.

-deb

Roman,

That was an inspired and beautiful performance and I would love to get your CD and also would be interested in your arrangements. I couldn't play it like you did, but I am always looking for good arrangements to play on violin or viola for church. Please let me know when the CD comes out.

Kevin

Well, Roman.... this is your computer challenged brother! Let me tell you, the first 25 seconds sound magnificent!!!!! BUT that seems to be all I can manage to download or unload or dropload! frown.giffrown.gif These computers try my patience and I'm fast losing what little hair I have left. Those 25 seconds though(and I REALLY struggled to get that much) were absolutely worth it!!!! Great tone, vibrato..... just GREAT!!