Sign in to follow this  
caleb

HKV sound-clips

Very interesting, I must say.

About the Caprice, I like it slow, but it`s a matter of taste... this one sounds too fast for me.

About the other songs: I know nothing about traditional fiddling, but these recordings are very beautifully played.

Caleb,

Great effort! Which software did you use to encode to mp3? What did you use to record, by the way? Minidisc recorder or DAT recorder or tape recorder? Thanks!

I'm dying to listen to these clips after all I've heard, but my GetRight Downloader seems to have other ideas. HKV's 5 mp3s just don't download(indicator remains at 0%) while all other files that I may be simultaneously downloading do pretty well. Caleb, if possible, could you try posting these files at some other URL as well?

[This message has been edited by Staccato (edited 04-26-2001).]

If Caleb (sorry, can't remember your real name) and HKV give me permission, I can email the MP3 files to those who have a problem getting them. I have emailed MP3 files in the past and have had no problem.

SO if I get the go ahead from them, the people who need to get the files can email me and let me know if they want them.

Renee

I agree with the voices at the end of the Caprice. Lovely tone. And no elliptical bowing left and right! Ever since I learned what it was and heard it, I've been getting sick listening to bad bow changes.

-Aman

Now y'all know what I was talking about! HKV is just absolutely superb!! Thank you SO much, Caleb, for sharing this with us. BUT where is the recording of YOU playing? HKV, I could listen to you all night.

Toll (fantastic), Caleb & HKV!

Thanks for doing this for us! Could you tell me how you were able to put the files on? I'd like to do this on another site...

I did get an email from HKV with permission to email them. However, since Caleb posted them I will wait for her OK first. If I get her ok I will email the files to those who are unable to get them online.

sorry everybody for being so negligent. i was too busy coming and going to respond.

rainyann: thank you. that would get me out of a jam, for sure. deb had offered earlier for me to e-mail them to her and she'd post them for me but at the time i declined cos i didn't know i could whittle them down this small.

ysaye: bowflex recommended this one and it worked great. http://www.musicmatch.com/

you can record directly into it or just ask it to convert some already existing wav files.

and it's free. smile.gif

oh, yeah, and i used a minidisc recorder hooked to a alesis nanoverb and a mic. i threw it together and just checked the sound enough to make sure it wasn't overloading, but sadly, it ended up with not enough signal, i think. maybe that's why there's so much background noise (and i mean 'white noise' not the chipmunk cackling in the background. unfortunately, that's me and my big mouth. blush.gif )

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 04-27-2001).]

Thanks, Caleb. I have emailed the files to justforfun. If there is anyone else who can't get them from the internet and can use MP3 files, email me and I will email them to you.

Renee

Aria: try this site: http://50megs.com/

and just follow their directions.

i thought the musicmatch thing made the conversion to mp3's really easy. and once you get them converted, use the 'file manager' on the 50 meg site to upload them. i wish i could give more detailed instructions but i had to kinda wade through it myself. if you run into a snag, ask deb.

Vielen Gluck!

simon: i agree. that song sounds good with classical flavoring, but i was supposed to help HKV make it sound authentic and all i could think of to say, was "it needs to lilt." ha! i wish you had been there, you two could have been jammin'. all he needs is a clue to how it's supposed to sound and he can take off with it.

i wanted to ask you, too. i got the idea for using 50 megs from you, but when you posted Chief O'neil's you had 3 different links so that if one didn't work, the other might. can you explain how to do that. i obviously ran into trouble and i don't know how to fix it when all i can tell is that it works for me.

thanks,

lori

caleb,

I wish I'd been there too. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I'm not sure I can help you with the files. I posted one link directly to my mp3 file, then one to the directory that it is in, and finally I made a simple web page with a link to the file on it, and posted the link to that page. The third option is probably the most reliable - some providers don't let you link to anything but a page, that way nobody can bypass their advertising. You've already posted your files on a web page, so I don't know what else you can do. Some people still couldn't access my file even then. frown.gif

HKV, congrats...very well done. Have you ever tried to Caprice #1 slower? I know your gonna hate me for this laugh.gif but take a listen to Sarah Changs recording...just for tempo! You may want to try it at that tempo justt for an experiment. It would clear up the decending double stops and a couple intonation areas.

Good Job!

roman

Thanks for telling us about Winamp. When I first tried to get the files, I just had Windows Media Player as my default and I would error out when I clicked on the URL's for the music. After I downloaded Winamp I downloaded the music files and played them with no problem.

After listening to the music files - my response is... Wow! Wow! WOW!

Taking the advice of folks here, I downloaded WinAmp when my Windows Media Player balked at the sound files.

So I finally got to hear the clips from the session.

Terrific!

Thanks so much for sharing with us all -- it wasn't like being there, but it was a little bit closer.

The tunes sounded great, I can only imagine how nice they'll sound after you know them one day. smile.gif

I sure wish I lived on that side of the country!

-deb