Maestronet Forums

What feeling does an instrument give you?

ysaye

I am not even sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes...

What feeling does an instrument give you?

Also, from the following list, which instrument has more calming effect? agitating effect? exciting effect? serenity effect?

1. Violin

2. Viola

3. Cello

4. Piano

5. Guitar

6. Harp

7. Flute

etc

We might all have different perspectives so feel free to voice out.

[This message has been edited by ysaye (edited 04-06-2001).]

Well, to start off, I am partial to the fiddle, so that ultimately gives me the best feeling laugh.gif, but I'll consentrate on the harp. The Celtic harp, actually. This instrument gives me a feeling of peace, calmness, and serenity. The harp's music is very soothing and sweet.

The violin gives me a feeling that brightens my heart as thousand suns would. And it brings a joy to my life that only a blooming flower, a colorful rainbow sparkling across the sky, and that delicate tingle in your heart when beneath a beautiful midsummer sunset you kiss someone you love COMBINED could bring. Its a very special feeling. And I wouldn't give it up for the world.

The piano is calming.. puts me at ease when I'm both playing and listening to it because it is the instrument with which I am most familiar.

The sound of the viola has a tranquil effect on me (now that I play it a little more smoothly..HA)..it feels very natural, like a voice I've somehow always known. It sometimes makes me think of the first cool hint of light at dawn, and at other times makes me think of dark velvet and red wine.

The guitar has a casual and comfortable sound..particularly my old Fender acoustic.

I like the 'cello best when it isn't played in a "moaning" way that makes me think of Eeyore from Winnie-the-Pooh.

Harp music puts me to sleep.

The flute and the violin can be either peaceful or slightly agitating depending on the sort of music played on it, and the skill/style of the player.

[This message has been edited by 2Violet (edited 04-07-2001).]

Uh-oh, you forgot one. Harmonica. It's just like smoking (for those of you that remember how that works), I can't leave the house without having a harmonica in my pocket. Play it everywhere, a fiddle jig waiting in line at Home Depot. Or, an Irish reel at the ATM machine. For me It's very soothing. Keeps my head from imploding while sitting in auto traffic 15 hours a week. Next best think to a fiddle, but much handier. You fiddler's should check it out. You can always raise an eyebrow at a session by pulling out your harmonica and playing "Blackberry Blossom" at speed, note for note.

-Thanks, Randy

Randy:

I think you're on to something. Pull a course together on basic harmonica playing and package it as a "You Can Stop Smoking And Learn To Play The Harmonica" in 4 weeks.

Sounds better than chewing gum, not as many calories as food ...

smile.gif

-deb