CYS is phat

Brian52555

Hi, I'm back.

Yesterday, the California Youth Symphony played a decent concert. Our soloist from Julliard was good, and the Romanian Rhapsody was alright too. We also played Scheherazade. It was ok. Our clarinets mussed it up big time though. Oh well. The soloist played the Bruch by the way. Did anyone go to this concert? It was at Flint Center.

quote:

Originally posted by corncan:

you've got problems. Nobody here knows about CYS or anything about thomas or anything like that

Yes i'm in CYS.

Wrong. I was in CYS during my high school years. They were fine orchestra back then. I have not heard them in recent years since they got the new conductor in the early 1990s, though. Judging from some of the CYS players I heard from time to time, they still seem to be a fine group. Glad to see that the orchestra is still thriving!

Toscha

We played really good today. It was a repeat of last weeks concert, except at San Mateo Performing Arts center. Even mr. eylar said we played good. And he never does that.

We were being filmed by some tv crew. Apparently we're going to be on cable tv sometime in the future.

Why all the fuss over the word phat? Cys is phat!