Maestronet Forums

This coming Saturday in St.Paul MN!

canofspam123

I've been playing for a year now. Self taught guy who has little time and money for the love of the violin. Well, it bummed me out to see Gil Shaham was going to be at the local hall. I've heard alot about him. I dont have the spare money, so I figured I'd pass, like I did with Joshua Bell.

I turned on public televion, and they just started a 2 minute clip of Gil playing a solo piece on his Strad.

I thought, rats, I'm going to really miss out. Well, I'm going to a 2 1/2 hour master class to watch him teach and play and there is no charge. Its at Macalester College in St. Paul. Compliments of the college and public television. Woohoo! Fred

Most definitely jealous! In fact, I'm writing this as Shaham's Zigeunerweisen is playing on the local radio station.... Regardless, I'll be seeing him doing the Sibelius in a few weeks. I guess I'll have to "settle" for that.

I'm wondering how one finds out about master classes. I saw a Vengerov profile on a cable arts network, and though it'd be incredible to be in the audience.

Anyone? Anyone?

[This message has been edited by Zoey (edited 02-15-2001).]