Maestronet Forums

miniature violins

sscfan

Out of curiosity I viewed a "miniature double bass that plays music" on eBAy. It was a miniature, and it did appear to play a tune or two, but what astounded me was that it had a chinrest! My double bass didn't come with a chinrest! To whom should I complain?

I think that it must have been a miniature of Paul Bunyan's violin, instead. An honest mistake, as it would probably be the same size as a DB. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by double dad (edited 10-18-2000).]

I think I have a couple of boxes of these! I use them as Christmas tree ornaments. I have a few miniature violins, but I left most of them at my parents' house after I moved out. My mom usually bought them for me. One miniature fiddle (or what I consider mini) that I have is a 1/4-size violin that I bought for my little niece to play around with. She hasn't expressed a real interest in learning, though. I guess I'll have to wait until I have kids!

I collect minature violins, but the are VERY realistic, not like these. Mine come in realistic cases, with actual bridges, horsehair bows, and even a tiny cake of rosin! I just love them. I have about 6 in various different sizes, all playable, if you have tiny hands. I keep them in a curio cabinet, right next to my precious moments collection (which is MUCH bigger) to protect them from dust and dirt. I use these style violins for Christmas Ornaments also.

CML

My daughter got a violin for her American Girl doll. They sell them for the dolls, it comes with a miniature "All for Strings" book and real Manhasset-like metal music stand. Complete with strings, bow, bridge, etc. It's cute. When she practices sometimes she makes her doll practice too.

OK. This is a very silly question.

I remember observing (I was a quiet little angel)in elementary school, and I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this:

A child would get upset about something and the other child would rub their index finger and thumb together while saying "This is the worlds smallest Ant playing 'My Heart Bleeds for You' on the world's tiniest violin".

This had never made any sense to me, and it still doesn't. Does anyone know where the saying came from and what it means? Has anyone else even heard of this, or is it just something the neighborhood kids made up?

[This message has been edited by River (edited 10-25-2000).]

Where can one buy a miniature violin that actually plays (CML101?)

I want a violin so small it can fit in my pocket.

I'd love to carry it around with me instead of having to lug my double violin case.

How funny would it be to show up to a concert and play one of those things - as I saw a Viennese violinist once do with Monti's "Csardas" on a New Year's special!

Well, I have gotten most of mine in

Branson, MO. The famous violinist, Shoji Tabucchi has an exquisite gift shop, where he sells working, minature violins, complete with bridge, chinrest, horsehair bow, and a mini rosin cake. I'll look on the net to see if I see any like mine.....Good luck!

CML