Jump to content
Maestronet Forums

William Fulton's Violin-Making Tools, Wood, Books, etc.


Danielle Petze

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

My name is Danielle and I am the grandaughter-in-law of San Diego violin maker, William Fulton. When he passed away, all of his violin wood, tools, books, etc were passed down to his daughter Shannon (my mother-in-law). Unfortunately, Shannon has become ill, so her son and I have been handling a lot of her personal affairs. We need to sell some of this in order to pay for some of Shannon's treatment, and I'm curious if anyone would be interested in purchasing any of these violin supplies. Everything is located in Rancho Bernardo, and I'd be more than willing to show someone what we've got. My email is danielletrains@gmail.com. Thank you!

We'll be taking photos before the new year, to share with you.

Edited by Danielle Petze
delete phone number
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Danielle Petze

Welcome to MN.

For your online and privacy security, I strongly recommend removing your phone number and email from your post by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right of your post and selecting edit to edit your post. Or maybe @Shelbow can do it.

You can list the things you have for sale here, and then people can contact you by "Personal Messaging" (PM) to let you know what they are interested in.

Sorry about your Mother-In-Law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

Hi @Danielle Petze

Welcome to MN.

For your online and privacy security, I strongly recommend removing your phone number and email from your post by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right of your post and selecting edit to edit your post. Or maybe @Shelbow can do it.

You can list the things you have for sale here, and then people can contact you by "Personal Messaging" (PM) to let you know what they are interested in.

Sorry about your Mother-In-Law.

Thank you so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2023 at 7:40 PM, Danielle Petze said:

Thank you so much!

Here is a link of photos of materials and books. Please note: A few items have already sold. Please let me know what you're interested in and what you'd like to pay, and I'll let you know availability. I am aware that a few of the books are worth quite a bit, so I'm having an appraiser look over those ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

What are you asking for the following books and tools:

Classic Italian Violin Varnish - Baese

Turpentine Violin Varnish - Fulton

IMG_3621 (small planes)

 

thanks,
Cosmin

 

On 12/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, Danielle Petze said:

Here is a link of photos of materials and books. Please note: A few items have already sold. Please let me know what you're interested in and what you'd like to pay, and I'll let you know availability. I am aware that a few of the books are worth quite a bit, so I'm having an appraiser look over those ones. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone;

I've had quite a few people ask about similar items, so I've began posting them on eBay, to keep it fair.

Many of the books are signed by the author, so please look at the photos and description to verify. For some reason, when I click on "My Store", it doesn't show all of my items, so I'm going to individually link them.

Here is a list of what I have so far:

Planes: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708201547

Files: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708206932

Book: How Many Strads: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708145586

Book: Antonio Stradivari The Cremona Exhibition Of 1987: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708135383

Book: Research Papers In Violin Acoustics 1975-1993, Volume 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708125309

Book: Technical Studies in the Arts of Musical Instrument Making: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708113835

Book: Antonio Stradivari His Life & Work 1644-1737 by Hill, Hill, Hill https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708096149

Book: You can make a Stradivarius Violin https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708086107

Book: Violin Varnish https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708081263

Book: Violin Making, As It Was And Is https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708076566

Book: Violin And ‘Cello Building And Repairing https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708068973

Book: A Thousand Mornings Of Music https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708065355

Book: Kurt Pahlen’s Music Of The World https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708047464

Book: Violins & Violinists https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708001216

Book: Three Centuries Of Harpsichord Making https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707995566

Book: Violin Bow Making https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707963197

Book: Paint And Varnish Manual https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707951525

Book: Violin Iconography Of Antonio Stradivari https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707943517

Book: German And Austrian Violin Makers https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707938280

Book: Research Papers In Violin Acoustics, Vol 1 https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707931739

Book: The Violin Makers Of The Guarneri Family https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707927188

Book: Stradivari E I Grandi Liutai Cremonesi Dall’U.R.S.S. https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707903568

Book: Beautiful Italian Violins https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707875781

Book - 30 copies available - written by William Fulton: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707867638

Book: The Violin Masterpieces of Guarneri del Gesù https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707861287

Book: The Shrine To Music Museum https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707853651

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2023 at 9:57 AM, wm_crash said:

Hi,

What are you asking for the following books and tools:

Classic Italian Violin Varnish - Baese

Turpentine Violin Varnish - Fulton

IMG_3621 (small planes)

 

thanks,
Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

I've posted a lot on eBay since I had a lot of questions about the same items. 

Planes: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404708201547

Turpentine Violin Varnish: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707867638

Classic Italian Violin Varnish: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404707972632

 

 

Edited by Danielle Petze
including more information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 6:40 PM, Danielle Petze said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Danielle and I am the grandaughter-in-law of San Diego violin maker, William Fulton. When he passed away, all of his violin wood, tools, books, etc were passed down to his daughter Shannon (my mother-in-law). Unfortunately, Shannon has become ill, so her son and I have been handling a lot of her personal affairs. We need to sell some of this in order to pay for some of Shannon's treatment, and I'm curious if anyone would be interested in purchasing any of these violin supplies. Everything is located in Rancho Bernardo, and I'd be more than willing to show someone what we've got. My email is danielletrains@gmail.com. Thank you!

We'll be taking photos before the new year, to share with you.

Dear Ms. Petze
Hullo
There is VHS video published by Late Master. Fulton,
it is abount bending of violin's plates.
perhaps no digitalized CD or file.
 
I am ready to buy it,
Can you please search for it within his materials?
 
I will be thankful if you help me,
Waiting your reply,
Best regards
Sina
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...