Maestronet Forums

If any one ( of great expertise ) is able to sample and measure many of the sticks and frogs out there, it might be possible to discover that there are many variables.

Perhaps if one is fortunate enough to locate a fine "German" or Hill frog, there might be a template.

But from what I have noted, the complexities of a fine French bow is painful. In my naive years, a "Persoit" frog was acquired, painfully I might add... Since then, as a player - not a collector - tried to locate a suitable stick.

If there is a club or forum or something more nefarious that specializes in bow, oddz- and- endz, I want ( any more? ) in.

A stick can ( easily ) be made for an older frog and perhaps that is the correct approach.

Locating a Persoit stick that will fit, is nearly impossible.

On the other hand, I need to find a "Maestro Mohr" or Josh Henry et al. to make frogs for some sticks. After nearly 5 years of a delievered new bow, I am finally starting to utilize the frog on one bow. The originally designed frog makes it difficult to work my thumb into usable position.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 1:21 AM, duane88 said:

We usually keep them, waiting for the correct stick to come along...

Tarisio often has frogs and buttons in their sales.

Didn't know Tarisio got frogs and buttons in their sales. Are they for auction or available at their showroom?

7 hours ago, Mr.Tung said:

Didn't know Tarisio got frogs and buttons in their sales. Are they for auction or available at their showroom?

I don't think that they do this very often. As I recall, they had two silver-mounted frogs in their Spring T2 sale, and I believe one sold and one didn't.