Maestronet Forums

Antique Vampire Killing Kit Antique Violin Case

GeorgeH

Perfect gift for the friend who has everything. However, note that it is missing garlic and silver bullets.

Antique Vampire killing kit set in an antique violin case. Contains wooden stakes, crucifix, Rosary glass viles for holy water, candles, bible and more. Measures 31x9x4 inches.

image.thumb.png.29f680acc81aaea7a4609daa39a48400.png

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/151120604_model-antique-vampire-killing-kit-in-violin-case

3 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

Perfect gift for the friend who has everything. However, note that it is missing garlic and silver bullets.

image.thumb.png.29f680acc81aaea7a4609daa39a48400.png

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/151120604_model-antique-vampire-killing-kit-in-violin-case

This is so funny, I just posted another one from Liveauctioneers last month to my FB page!  I said I've got about 1,843 of told cases, who wants to start cranking these out? :lol:

Apparently there's decent money in faking these, the one I posted went for over $3K:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/148046629_antique-19th-century-vampire-slaying-kit-housed-in-wooden-violin-case

Brings a whole new context to the term "coffin case."

49 minutes ago, Jeny Mahon said:

Apparently there's decent money in faking these, the one I posted went for over $3K:

That one at least had a pistol, but the silver bullets must have been used. I guess that $3,050 is a small price to pay to exterminate a pesky vampire.

16 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

Brings a whole new context to the term "coffin case."

That one at least had a pistol, but the silver bullets must have been used. I guess that $3,050 is a small price to pay to exterminate a pesky vampire.

Somebody's gotten off mission focus here, the silver bullets are strictly for werewolves .   Paintballs filled with holy water work better for vampires, along with 12 gauge stake rounds.  [Tugs at her "Aloof Elven Princess" T-shirt to stop it from riding up, and grins mysteriously.]  :ph34r:  :lol:

Seriously, these kits have been turning up on various venues lately, sometimes with "antique" claims and ridiculous prices.  I've seen some discussion of them on collectibles forums.   IMHO, they are all a recent development inspired by horror movies.  :)

2 hours ago, Violadamore said:

Somebody's gotten off mission focus here, the silver bullets are strictly for werewolves .

I think I can make a fortune now selling Werewolf killing kits in antique violin cases!.

Regardless, according to my sources in the supernatural, pure silver bullets will instantly kill vampires. Try it, you’ll see.

19 hours ago, Jeny Mahon said:

This is so funny, I just posted another one from Liveauctioneers last month to my FB page!  I said I've got about 1,843 of told cases, who wants to start cranking these out? :lol:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/148046629_antique-19th-century-vampire-slaying-kit-housed-in-wooden-violin-case

Sure! Why not a career change?    :lol:

Vlad.jpg.58cfef67456e18259efb45231c5c9f75.jpg

However. I feel that these two items, both either authentic antiques or modern custom-made items, explain the high bid.  Have you priced antique muzzleloaders and fighting knives lately?  :)

Vlit-dagger.thumb.jpg.ed95833c987d922f6f1aa20a764a1d66.jpgVkit-pistol.thumb.jpg.6da7194f9c3a8affaa88af7ff5c18f04.jpg

9 hours ago, Violadamore said:

Sure! Why not a career change?    :lol:

Vlad.jpg.58cfef67456e18259efb45231c5c9f75.jpg

However. I feel that these two items, both either authentic antiques or modern custom-made items, explain the high bid.  Have you priced antique muzzleloaders and fighting knives lately?  :)

Vlit-dagger.thumb.jpg.ed95833c987d922f6f1aa20a764a1d66.jpgVkit-pistol.thumb.jpg.6da7194f9c3a8affaa88af7ff5c18f04.jpg

I agree!  I probably won't try a career out of it but I think some of the stuff in these "kits" are probably legit. 

Re: muzzleloaders, while not antique (I guess it's "vintage" now) I will stray FAR away from the topic a bit to share this.  My grandfather was a gunsmith and taught his MANY sons the craft.  My father was the last of 14 children.  Yow.  

To be clear, my family were not "gun nuts"; my father, grandparents and theirs were French, from Sioux St. Marie Ontario Canada.  Guns were tools for hunting game which frankly they needed to survive.

My dad was in the Korean War with his brother, and I guess back then it was fairly common for soldiers to bring back things which may or may not be strictly kosher these days. 

They brought back a .50 barrel from a machine gun.  They cut it in half and each made a muzzleloading pistol out of their half. 

I still have my dad's given to me by my brothers when my dad passed away in 1996. My dad made every part of this gun aside from the barrel, and carved the grips himself. 

My brothers of course fired it a few times and I heard there was quite a large bang, flame coming out of the barrel and much smoke.  Apparently this happened once in my childhood home in the dining room, fired by a hapless neighbor accidentally, and put a rather large hole in the ceiling :lol: I don't remember this so I must have been at summer camp or something. 

I imagine a solid silver round from this thing would give any supernatural creature pause...

Bonus!  I know how to cast bullets  :D ... and reload ammunition as we were very poor and it was a skill learned early.

20191016_134915.jpg

20191016_134858.jpg

20191016_134938.jpg

20191016_134924.jpg

20191016_140050.jpg

20191016_135141.jpg

dad.jpg