Maestronet Forums

End mill cutter 1.4 mm and 1.3 mm

Arsalan

You can find some on eBay, but you have to be careful as most of the bits are the diamond-cut style for PC boards, not what you want.  From China, inexpensive and decent, but watch out for shipping times.

You can also get micro endmills from MSC Direct, decent prices and in the US.

If it has to be from Canada, search around for a distributor of Accupro bits.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, Don Noon said:

You can find some on eBay, but you have to be careful as most of the bits are the diamond-cut style for PC boards, not what you want.  From China, inexpensive and decent, but watch out for shipping times.

Thank you very much Don 

On 11/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, Don Noon said:

Don I have a dremel and the biggest shank size I can use is 3.2 mm ... what do tools you use to be able to fit 4 mm shank ? The eBay link you sent , is 4 mm shank ... thank you again 

4 hours ago, Arsalan said:

Don I have a dremel and the biggest shank size I can use is 3.2 mm ... what do tools you use to be able to fit 4 mm shank ? The eBay link you sent , is 4 mm shank ... thank you again 

Sorry, I didn't read down in the description where it said the shank was 4mm.  Most of these micro mills are 1/8" shank, which is what I use. My Dremel has 1/8" and 1/4" collets, but I use the bits on my CNC which has a wide selection of collets.

I see there is a 4mm collet that apparently fits some Dremels, but you'd have to be sure it fits your model. I wouldn't bet on it, but maybe you can locate one somewhere. 

I buy mine from Kodiak Cutting tools.  They are cheaper than International but not by much.

https://www.kodiakcuttingtools.com/viewproducts/carbide-end-mills-2-flute-micro-square-end-miniature-decimal-size-end-mills&parttohighlight=5444318

They come in decimal inch size but this can easily be converted to your metric requirements.  Their part number 5444318 0.055" is an equivalent to 1.4mm.  The 0.051" is equivalent to 1.3mm.  One thing I like about Kodiak is that they come in 1/1000 increments so you can really dial in a fit if you need. 

Or perhaps Zoro.com - the retail side of Graingers

They frequently send 10-20% off coupons if you create an account.  Free shipping at $50 (U.S. Orders)

https://www.zoro.com/search?q=1.3mm end mill&fqc%3Acategory=z2%2F2%2F9549

https://www.zoro.com/search?q=1.4mm end mill&fqc%3Acategory=z2%2F2

I recently purchased spherical washers for use with a CBN Grinding wheel

https://www.zoro.com/te-co-spherical-washer-fits-bolt-size-58-in-steel-black-oxide-finish-42704/i/G1871317/