Maestronet Forums

Small plane adjustment hammers

wm_crash

Howdy crew,

I like looking at tools that are fancier than they really need to be, and figured other people might enjoy as well. These last few months, I worked on two small size plane adjustment hammers. They are 2.75oz/77g total weight made from C510 bronze, 303 stainless, and curly maple small enough that most people would have thrown away. The stray cat that we've been taking care of for a few years now was not impressed.

cheers,
Cosmin

20220924_183319.jpg

20220924_183239.jpg

20220924_183519.jpg

First ever hammer to undergo a CAT scan B)

I was outside taking some photos and the 3 local stray cats came looking for food and back scratches. Not sure they still qualify as stray after almost 3 years of basically living on our patio with food, water, shelter, and veterinary visits.

cheers,
Cosmin

11 minutes ago, Bill Yacey said:

You tested it out on the cat?

Thanks! Yes, all the visible metal parts are made by me from raw material. There is one brass insert in the wooden striking part and two set screws (one to connect the wood to the head, and one to connect the handle to the head). The brass insert and the set screws were more convenient to just buy. For the next hammers, I am pondering to make those parts myself just for bragging rights.

cheers,
Cosmin

40 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Very nice little hammer.  Did you do the metal work yourself?