Maestronet Forums

Price of Roth Strad1714 1924

I dont think the model numbers in the 1920s are as critical to the price as they are in the post war production. Somebody here could probably give a tight estimate. I would guess 12k retail.

24 minutes ago, deans said:

I dont think the model numbers in the 1920s are as critical to the price as they are in the post war production. Somebody here could probably give a tight estimate. I would guess 12k retail.

Wow! Nice fiddle but that seems high.

32 minutes ago, deans said:

The Stradivarius 1714 model is indeed an IR. The 1924 Roth catalog seems to be the main catalog for cross-referencing the maker model-year with the Roth Model from the 1920s, and dealers still price the 1920s Roth violins by Roth model.

10 minutes ago, GeorgeH said:

and dealers still price the 1920s Roth violins by Roth model.

I'm sure your right, but the increments are getting tighter, and ranges are overlapping. Hard to find any  under 10K. Except maybe the larger Amati model.

40 minutes ago, Strad O Various Jr. said:

$7000 full retail, this is the bottom of the Roth line, the ones that go for $12000 are the top level models

Strad,

If you don’t mind my asking where are you located? I wonder if there are regional differences in price. I did find some prices in the $15,000 range which I assume are the higher level ones.

Right now I have a repaired 1714 Strad model 1R 1937 with a repaired crack on the lower bout for $3000, even a pristine model I wouldn't sell for $7000, depends on the store, some dealers are just way overpriced, others more reasonable, you really don't get anything more from the overpriced sellers other than a hole in your pocketbook IMHO