Maestronet Forums

Help with bow identification

P J Lester

That sounds about right.  The same type of wrap was used on many bows imported into the United States and distributed by Metropolitan Music Company, so perhaps they handled this one, assuming the wrap is original.

10 hours ago, Brad Dorsey said:

That sounds about right.  The same type of wrap was used on many bows imported into the United States and distributed by Metropolitan Music Company, so perhaps they handled this one, assuming the wrap is original.

You think so?

In reconsidering, I think that the Metropolitan Music Company part is going pretty far out on a limb, but I think the rest of it is right.  The most obvious indication of nickel is the greenish corrosion on the frog ring in the last picture, but I also see it on the inner button ring collar and the on the underslide.

Edit:  That last picture that I referred to, showing the frog ring, has disappeared.

11 hours ago, pipper said:

The fittings are 100% silver (except for the liner of course)

Hard to tell from pictures, but I would doubt it. Even the workmanship is not like the quality what's usually seen at silver mounted bows of this origin. But if you're saying it....

On 4/10/2022 at 9:03 AM, Strad O Various Jr. said:

Most people can't tell the difference between polished silver and polished nickel mount

The easiest way to tell the difference is in the way it polished up (or doesn't)  Have to agree with BF, that sure looks like Nickel silver to me, but then again, it's a pic.