Maestronet Forums

Holding a bass, Hawai'i Style :)

Jeny Mahon

I thought y'all would get a kick out of this!  Roland Cazimero just you know... playing the bass.  As one does.  :D

Apologies for the bad photos, we just took a couple cell phone shots of the video, which isn't great quality to begin with.

Also: Bruddah Iz!! :wub:

"Hawaiian activists and composers Thor Wold and Liko Martin originally wrote this song as “Nanakuli Blues.” But when local band Country Comfort recorded it for their 1974 album We are the Children, the group localized the song as a political protest about the development taking place all around them in Hawai'i. ”This classic recording of Waimanalo Blues at an old Hawaiian homestead on Oahu in fall of 1991 features Henry Kapono (from the right), Cyril Pahinui, Israel "Iz" Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole and Roland Cazimero. Video Copyright Kurt Meyer -Team Meyer Productions"

Here is the youtube video.

272677089_1637224809953101_5853418137474566095_n.thumb.jpg.6664192e8486aecaa5d2ec22548a0c44.jpg

269602432_483670373258567_8817960450040660632_n.jpg

1 hour ago, JacksonMaberry said:

Precisely! Although we tend to favor the original, teriyaki, or "Portagee Sausage" varieties. Mainlanders don't know what they're missing when they diss Spam. It's freaking delicious!

Yum, Spam musubi............

Spam_musubi_at_Ninja_Sushi.jpg.c25cc74d4e8b6c2b6691e141ea1e502d.jpg

1 hour ago, JacksonMaberry said:

Precisely! Although we tend to favor the original, teriyaki, or "Portagee Sausage" varieties. Mainlanders don't know what they're missing when they diss Spam. It's freaking delicious!

Oh yes!  We get the teriyaki, tocino and Portuguese sausage versions every time we go!  Well.. that, One Ton chips (and One Ton cookies!) tons of arare crackers, iso peanuts, li hing sour gummies, good mac nuts, a bunch of NOH mixes etc etc.  It's always interesting trying to cram all the food we bring back into our suitcases when we leave! 

It's awesome too that McDonald's in Hawai'i has spam on the menu!  Our first morning we go grab some spam and eggs at the McD's down the street.  We stay in Waimanalo, we absolutely love it there.  The place directly on the beach that we used to rent is no longer available but next time we've got a place just a block from the public access.  We're going back in May... I cannot wait!  I haven't had proper poke in two years!!  And by Proper I mean fresh ahi from a Times counter :D So ono! 

spamneggs.jpg

poke.jpg

haul.jpg

6 hours ago, JacksonMaberry said:

When we visited on vacation in 2017 my husband brought back all the various flavors in our suitcase. :lol: Now that we live on Maui we can just pick them at Foodland.