Maestronet Forums

Ladislav Kaplan research, Interim report

Gary M

• 8 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 6:21 PM, Alan Kaplan said:

Hi all,

This is for Gary M.

I stumbled upon this site and thread during a casual search for my grandfather's bio.

I'm Alan Kaplan, Ladislav's grandson, son of Stanley Kaplan.

I been searching for one of his violins for years, with no luck. I then started to search for one of his cello's. I found the full size one on consignment at a cello specialty shop, and purchased it. When the owner found out I was his grandson, he hand delivered it to me. Quite a long trip to do. He was the original owner since 1953. He even had the original receipt. There is a label inside that can be seen through the left scroll if a light is shown through the right scroll. It has his picture and the year it was finished. For this instrument 1951. I don't know if these labels are in any of the violins. Something to check.

So, Gary, if you are working on a Wikipedia Bio of my grandfather, I would be honored to supply any information that I may have. It wouldn't be extensive, because my father died when I was 4, and then my grandfather shortly thereafter.

I attached are some pictures I just took. That's the best quality I can do.

Regards,

Alan Kaplan

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

Hi Alan, Ladislav is my great grandfather, my father was born Ladislav Kaplan, now Harry Branson due to taking on his step fathers name.  My brother has done extensive research on the family and our violins.  My dad also has one of the original violins.   If you're interested in my brothers research let me know.   

18 hours ago, Sarahlyn Branson said:

Hi Alan, Ladislav is my great grandfather, my father was born Ladislav Kaplan, now Harry Branson due to taking on his step fathers name.  My brother has done extensive research on the family and our violins.  My dad also has one of the original violins.   If you're interested in my brothers research let me know.   

On 2/27/2023 at 6:21 PM, Alan Kaplan said:

I stumbled upon this site and thread during a casual search for my grandfather's bio.

I'm Alan Kaplan, Ladislav's grandson, son of Stanley Kaplan.

Hey!  A cousin meet-up on Maestronet.  Sounds like you're 2nd cousins, once removed.