Maestronet Forums

Real maker or not?

Jwillis

45 minutes ago, Rothwein said:

Not a maker, but an author Arnak (Ara) Danielian. Sorry not to link, but a quick Google search brings him up. I knew the name sounded familiar.

Yes I saw that and wondered if it was the same guy.  I extinguished all of my googling options and figured Someone here might know

2 hours ago, Jwillis said:

Yes I saw that and wondered if it was the same guy.  I extinguished all of my googling options and figured Someone here might know

If you have a violin with his name in it, it might have something to do with his having played as a kid.  His bio says he started playing at age 3.  :)

5 hours ago, Violadamore said:

If you have a violin with his name in it, it might have something to do with his having played as a kid.  His bio says he started playing at age 3.  :)

Ok I should have been more specific. The label says ara danielian 2001.  The bridge happens to be branded ara danielian.  I also know that at one time (not in my possession)there was a nice bow that was branded ara danielian accompanying it.  I do not know if the brand on the bow was the same as on the bridge because I didn’t see the bow. The thought crossed my mind he was perhaps some small dealer somewhere and not the maker. But you’d think there would be more info floating out there if he had a brick and mortar shop somewhere at some point 

Ok here are a few pictures Of the violin.  It’s In the shop at moment getting a new bridge fit.  I will post more detailed pics of corners, saddle, etc when I have it in hand. Inside is very nice willow linings and varnish is nice. Lob 353-4mm

5D70FA1D-401D-47E2-9C43-306001E73E4B.jpeg

E74EA05F-B177-4BE7-992A-746673A26233.jpeg

B3CEFCD6-C658-40FA-8F90-7BBFFD5BC4B5.jpeg

262AE1A9-2DDF-44DB-82C9-8EB38E9C8C82.jpeg

009E9E9B-7B14-441E-9B4B-4E60F5FB95C0.jpeg