Maestronet Forums

Reflections on the Meastronet community

Andreas Preuss

Maestronet is a wonderful internet community. Makes me feel like sitting in a school class, except that there are no ‘normal students’ and seemingly much more boys than girls. There are so many wonderful and individual people here, named and unnamed. Class leaders, class politicians, even some class clowns (if I may say so), introverts, extroverts, doers, theorists, experiments,‘students’ excelling in certain subjects like the arts, chemistry, physics, design, history, engineering, performing arts, even philosophy, computers, machining, tools, there are ‘querdenkers’, prose writers and punch line artists, YouTube geeks, novices and combat experienced soldiers, and somewhere I have even seen a Manzai-duo(1),

not forgetting here how many different nationalities are in the class? 

And all under the supervision of the strict teacher, who just interferes when the class starts to get into a bully fight. 

Really enjoyed it a lot and often wondered who is hidden behind some pseudonyms. 

Looking back, I learned a lot by asking provocatively stupid questions. (More often by purpose than …) 

Happy new year to everyone! 

Boys and girls, named and unnamed….

(well I guess I don’t have to repeat the whole list…:))

(1 For those who don’t know Manzai. It is a Japanese stand up comedy with two people on stage building comic conversations in a role play. (Just think of Laurel and Hardy or Karl Valentin and Liesl Karlstadt)

Well Andreas kind of beat me to it (and I thank him), but I'd like to wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

Thank you all for your participation this past year. Maestronet is always an interesting place, and a unique one, and I enjoy it... otherwise I wouldn't be here 22 years after signing on. :) It's reach is probably wider than many realize as well. I am aware of a good number of colleagues check in to read the boards... and then there are the members who appear on the site (yeah, I check now and again) who quietly read, but rarely if ever post. They are all appreciated.

Let's all raise a glass to a less physically restricted 2022 (one can always hope), but no matter what, I think this spot in cyberspace will be here when we need refuge.

4 hours ago, Andreas Preuss said:

Maestronet is a wonderful internet community. Makes me feel like sitting in a school class, except that there are no ‘normal students’ and seemingly much more boys than girls. There are so many wonderful and individual people here, named and unnamed. Class leaders, class politicians, even some class clowns (if I may say so), introverts, extroverts, doers, theorists, experiments,‘students’ excelling in certain subjects like the arts, chemistry, physics, design, history, engineering, performing arts, even philosophy, computers, machining, tools, there are ‘querdenkers’, prose writers and punch line artists, YouTube geeks, novices and combat experienced soldiers, and somewhere I have even seen a Manzai-duo(1),

not forgetting here how many different nationalities are in the class? 

And all under the supervision of the strict teacher, who just interferes when the class starts to get into a bully fight. 

Really enjoyed it a lot and often wondered who is hidden behind some pseudonyms. 

Looking back, I learned a lot by asking provocatively stupid questions. (More often by purpose than …) 

Happy new year to everyone! 

Boys and girls, named and unnamed….

(well I guess I don’t have to repeat the whole list…:))

(1 For those who don’t know Manzai. It is a Japanese stand up comedy with two people on stage building comic conversations in a role play. (Just think of Laurel and Hardy or Karl Valentin and Liesl Karlstadt)

G and G again! Insights is what you posted!

As everyone has said already, I am really grateful that I stumbled upon this forum once upon an internet research regarding a violin:ph34r:.

Someone had this idea… “let’s create a specialized forum where a bunch of people world wide, with one thing in common, come together and discuss this thing (that almost happens to be the most controversial topic in the music world) and watch what happens”. it has been the best thing by far the internet has had to offer me, and each of you make it worth sticking around. I learned answers to questions I didn’t know I had, and that being said I’ve loved having the chance to “meet” each and every one of you lovely people. 

Happy new year to everyone!!

As an amateur violinist I started out mostly looking at the Fingerboard but got sucked into reading the Pegbox.  I learned a great deal about materials, construction, repair and retoration, and at this point I find that I know more about instruments than most of the other amateur players I hang around and play with.  Thanks to everyone !  Peace, Joy and Love for the New Year and beyond.  ❤

This site is really extraordinary.  I collect many things besides "the usual" fiddles, and I have never seen such thoughtful, quality, extensive and truly professional information given freely to anyone who asks.  We are extremely lucky to have real experts here giving excellent advice.  I've been a member for a long time, since 2005 or so, and I've asked my share of silly questions; all have been answered with respect and all have been very helpful.  M-Net is really a treasure trove of information and people willing to help.  I want to say THANK YOU everybody, experts or no, for all the help you've given to me and others over the years.  I am truly grateful for it, and I hope everybody has a lovely New Years Eve and a happy and healthy 2022 :)