Maestronet Forums

f hole placement for 1743 guarneri cannon

TeBird

i have been trying and trying to find the f hole placement for the 1743 cannon del gesu guarneri violin. i am completley frustrated in my search, and have searched everything i can find on the internet to no avail. i have the form, the templates, i have everything but the f hole placement, and graduation system and thicknesses. although everything looks very similar to the viuetempx (Spelling?) violin, i want to be sure about it.

i have studied making all of my adult life, and even worked on a contractual basis for a pro shop......but this is one time i am completely at a loss on where to find the information i need to make a faithful reproduction. i have considerd "flatheading" it out through all of my learning, but i don't want to do that. this is an entirely new model to work with, and i want to get it right.

can anyone pleae help?

21 hours ago, TeBird said:

i have been trying and trying to find the f hole placement for the 1743 cannon del gesu guarneri violin. i am completley frustrated in my search, and have searched everything i can find on the internet to no avail. i have the form, the templates, i have everything but the f hole placement, and graduation system and thicknesses. although everything looks very similar to the viuetempx (Spelling?) violin, i want to be sure about it.

i have studied making all of my adult life, and even worked on a contractual basis for a pro shop......but this is one time i am completely at a loss on where to find the information i need to make a faithful reproduction. i have considerd "flatheading" it out through all of my learning, but i don't want to do that. this is an entirely new model to work with, and i want to get it right.

can anyone pleae help?

https://maestronet.com/forum/index.php?/topic/348450-del-gesù-template/

On 12/3/2021 at 1:18 AM, TeBird said:

can anyone pleae help?

The F-hole produce specific function on the "island" by the slit the inner cut of the F-hole makes. If some one can give an explanation of how different slit curve shape affect the function on the "island". in fact the complete instruments function, it would be great to read.