Maestronet Forums

bad experience with an ebay seller

Jul

Dear all,

I'm here to warn everybody about a far from hnonest seller on ebay.

He's got 2 shops, selling identical products, .referred as  violin--shop and Dushi.

I bought him a Viola and a violin and I actually did get 2 top-of-the-line instruments which are very different fom the ones I bought.

Of course, they are of a much lower quality.

I thought that the seller just made a mistake, but he does not answer my emails anylonger,simply ignoring me.

Sad story. Just hoping that nobody else will face such a situation.

5 minutes ago, Jul said:

Dear all,

I'm here to warn everybody about a far from hnonest seller on ebay.

He's got 2 shops, selling identical products, .referred as  violin--shop and Dushi.

I bought him a Viola and a violin and I actually did get 2 top-of-the-line instruments which are very different fom the ones I bought.

Of course, they are of a much lower quality.

I thought that the seller just made a mistake, but he does not answer my emails anylonger,simply ignoring me.

Sad story. Just hoping that nobody else will face such a situation.

You know that you need to post this in The Auction Scroll, instead of The Pegbox, right?  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Jul said:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL US.  YOU BOUGHT WHOM A VIOLA? YOU GOT 2 INSTRUMENTS WHICH ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES YOU GOT?

I think he means, he bought a viola and violin from the seller but received instruments that were not like the ones he chose, however, still good ("top of the line"?). And now he is disappointed that he got instruments that were worth less that what he paid and the were different than their description on ebay.

It's very common for online resellers to use a stock photo, as an example of what the instruments look like. Naturally this will be of the best-looking ones, but won't necessarily be like what you will receive, even though it will be the same model number/series.

This trick is also used by sales reps, who pick the best one to have as their sample, and of course you will then make an order based on this. When opening the box, you will feel a sense of disappointment.

But all of this can be avoided by going to a shop, where you can both see and play exactly what you will be buying. The OP has bought stuff online before and not been happy, so nothing has changed, and no lesson was learned.

43 minutes ago, Wood Butcher said:

It's very common for online resellers to use a stock photo, as an example of what the instruments look like. Naturally this will be of the best-looking ones, but won't necessarily be like what you will receive, even though it will be the same model number/series.

This trick is also used by sales reps, who pick the best one to have as their sample, and of course you will then make an order based on this. When opening the box, you will feel a sense of disappointment.

But all of this can be avoided by going to a shop, where you can both see and play exactly what you will be buying. The OP has bought stuff online before and not been happy, so nothing has changed, and no lesson was learned.

this seller sell some violas and violins that you can choose individually from its onlne shop. every violin/viola has a unique ID and I chose 2 products based on a number of pics.  We agreed on a price for the 2 units and I received 2 different devices knowing that the actual products are still for sale on ebay.

Just return them, seller will have to pay return shipping as mentioned since the items are not the ones pictured. If you like them enough to still keep them don’t complain here, if not return them for a full refund. When you exercise this option, select may offer you a discount in order to avoid losing two shipping fees. Good luck.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, Guido said:

Online shoppers get what online shoppers want, top of the line model, bargain price. Happens every day.

I don't get that comment.

I had a deal with the seller. We agreed on the products and price. I paid and got products of lower quality.

Again, I just wanted to inform people so that they do not fall into the same trap

10 hours ago, Strad O Various Jr. said:

Seems like the buyer wanted to save money by "illegally" buying outside of ebay, and got screwed because doing that negates any buyer protection policy that ebay offers everybody

Yep. And we are only hearing one side of this story. The types of threads where somebody is called "far from honest seller on ebay," and then the rest of the story slowly drips out often don't seem completely fair to me. 

It is impossible to tell from the story here if the buyer was burned by the seller.

I am curious as to what @Shelbow thinks about keeping this thread up.

Seems like an unfortunate occurrence, but there are no direct links to the seller in question so I don't see it as a major red flag at the moment. Of course it's always good to hear both sides of the story where possible, but we may never know the truth......

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I hardly understand your responses. Blaming me is a rather stangre move.

I tried to help and warn people. I  experienced what  I reported. If you do not believe people you post, that's fine to me. But I miss the meaning of such a forum if you go that route.

I didn't expect any help, I was trying to inform people. that's all.