Maestronet Forums

For violin makers only: What is your favorite music while working?

Andreas Preuss

57 minutes ago, uncle duke said:

The good stuff was incorporated into 80's hair band music starting with Rhoads rehashing On the Hunt from Skynyrd into Flying High Again for Ozzy.

I found where Ed King mentioned that the Southern genre rock simply has passed because we've ran out of people who can actually do it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, uncle duke said:

I found where Ed King mentioned that the Southern genre rock simply has passed because we've ran out of people who can actually do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5Pzhq8tF0

but that's what I'm sayin' , atmospheric pressures are poppin' up new shoots :lol:

and lets not not forget the young Saskatchewan , here's  a good example of a bad sounding guitar sounding good, or "right" as is the case with many "fiddles" in this genre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4gdhPqh3E

anyways for the 3 people that might like southern/country here

3 hours ago, jezzupe said:

anyways for the 3 people that might like southern/country here

I took the time to learn only 1 3/4, not two, southern genre tunes, ZZ Top not included.  The first was What's Your Name just so people would say or think oh no, not Gimme Three Steps again and Flirtin' with Disaster the second solo only - just  to say that I could play a second or third guitar part along with that solo, if called upon.

Heck, I'm a Northerner and don't care to be judged by the Southerner of not being of them, which I'm not.

I'll mention too I really do like listening to .38 Special though.

1 hour ago, uncle duke said:

took the time to learn only 1 3/4, not two, southern genre tunes, ZZ Top not included.  The first was What's Your Name just so people would say or think oh no, not Gimme Three Steps again and Flirtin' with Disaster the second solo only - just  to say that I could play a second or third guitar part along with that solo, if called upon.

Flirtin' With Disaster is a danged impressive song. But not the best choice for those who prefer sleepy-time or nodding-off music. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K_-D5B7DIg

"For violin makers only: What is your favorite music while working?"

I wasn't going to ask, but what the hey! :ph34r:

Is there some reason violin makers' favourite music, while working, should differ from anyone else's favourite music, while they are working, at whatever their non-violin making work happens to be?

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

"For violin makers only: What is your favorite music while working?"

I wasn't going to ask, but what the hey! :ph34r:

Is there some reason violin makers' favourite music, while working, should differ from anyone else's favourite music, while they are working, at whatever their non-violin making work happens to be?

{2008} We had a paint crew for new construction interior whose ages ranged from 17 years of age to close to 60 years of age - like close to 10 of us all together eight hrs per day on average.  So there was no 60's - 70's classic rock because it wasn't fair to the youngsters.  There also wasn't going to be soul music, country or heavy metal for other reasons.

Our late 40's aged leadman decided on some indi - new wave - alternative radio station.   Like it or leave it was the rule.

Over time one gem was found - Gnarls Barkley "Crazy".  All of us thought that was or is one cool song.