Jump to content
Maestronet Forums

Albert Nürnberger Violin Bow


NickofTurl
 Share

Recommended Posts

For a 1970s bow, the stamp could be "W. Germany," with the W hidden under the frog.  ???  But didn't the bows of that period from Berlin originate in the Soviet sector of the city?  In that case, I would have thought the stamp would acknowledge that.

Also, going back to the pins vs. screws question, my understanding is that both were used (although not on the same bow:)).  Here is a photo from the VDG book on the Nurnberger family.

105D1D93-6864-4EF5-B2E7-86F2BFC815CF.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Richf said:

For a 1970s bow, the stamp could be "W. Germany," with the W hidden under the frog.  ???  But didn't the bows of that period from Berlin originate in the Soviet sector of the city?  In that case, I would have thought the stamp would acknowledge that.

Also, going back to the pins vs. screws question, my understanding is that both were used (although not on the same bow:)).  Here is a photo from the VDG book on the Nurnberger family.

105D1D93-6864-4EF5-B2E7-86F2BFC815CF.jpeg

Gotta get that book. Who is VDG?

Thank you for sharing, look at the variety there! Can’t tell a thing.

Edited by PhilipKT
Doubling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Blank face said:

Thanks for the photos! It looks right to me for a prewar Nürnberger.

 Can you tell us what you see? I see a double collar on the pinned three-piece button, The heel plate is pinned, at least in one place, but I can’t tell whether it is a one or two piece plate. I don’t know what else to see?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

 Can you tell us what you see? I see a double collar on the pinned three-piece button, The heel plate is pinned, at least in one place, but I can’t tell whether it is a one or two piece plate. I don’t know what else to see?

I believe to see that the model of head and frog and the workmanship, font of the brand are in accordance with what I would expect to see from such a bow. Otherwise I would say "Du siehst den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht".:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blank face said:

I believe to see that the model of head and frog and the workmanship, font of the brand are in accordance with what I would expect to see from such a bow. Otherwise I would say "Du siehst den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht".:)

Das ist ziemlich klar. Ich werde noch versuchen meine Augen zu lehren.Wie immer danke ich Ihnen für Ihre Hilfe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Blank face said:

Thanks for the photos! It looks right to me for a prewar Nürnberger.

Thanks for your input! That’s what I was told by someone else too. Perhaps 1920-1930?

 

It is definitely my favorite bow. It will be passed down the family tree one day. 
 

What would you value this at right now in USD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NickofTurl said:

What would you value this at right now in USD?

Everybody on this site is going to have different ideas of value because of many factors. 

You should have this bow evaluated and appraised for insurance purposes by a qualified appraiser in person. And then get it insured. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...