Maestronet Forums

How do Tarisio, T2 Auctions Work?

After I saw a post about, todays, upcoming T2 auction, I registered. I already had an account but, I updated it to include bidding on auction; or, so I thought. I just made several, unsuccessful, attempts to place a Proxy Bid on this violin https://t2-auctions.com/auctions/lot/?csid=2199502848&cpid=3741171712&filter_key= 

The seller lost out on the chance to sell for, up to, 152% more, had my bid been accepted, I hope they see this post. T2 has some questions to answer and/or some procedures to clarify and/or correct.

Yes, it is certainly a tad confusing. It’s not enough to be signed in with your email and the upper right corner has a “LOGOUT” button. You need your Bidder’s ID too! 

Even though you’re logged into Tarisio using your email, you must sign in again on the bid page for the item using your Tarisio Bidder’s ID and password in order to successfully enter a bid.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 2:02 PM, Just Sayin’ said:

Yes, it is certainly a tad confusing. It’s not enough to be signed in with your email and the upper right corner has a “LOGOUT” button. You need your Bidder’s ID too! 

Even though you’re logged into Tarisio using your email, you must sign in again on the bid page for the item using your Tarisio Bidder’s ID and password in order to successfully enter a bid.

Whenever I create(or change) an ID/Password, I do it on a spreadsheet then, copy and paste to the website, to keep everything correct. But, when you've got a user ID/password and they request email address/password, it gets a little confusing.

I was logged onto Tarisio but, was unable to logon to T2, when attempting to bid. I tried all combinations of Tarisio/T2 email/password and user ID/password. I assumed that, I was good to go, after they did the $1 bank account withdrawal thing. According to T2, it has been fixed. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, khunsakee said:

After I saw a post about, todays, upcoming T2 auction, I registered. I already had an account but, I updated it to include bidding on auction; or, so I thought. I just made several, unsuccessful, attempts to place a Proxy Bid on this violin https://t2-auctions.com/auctions/lot/?csid=2199502848&cpid=3741171712&filter_key= 

The seller lost out on the chance to sell for, up to, 152% more, had my bid been accepted, I hope they see this post. T2 has some questions to answer and/or some procedures to clarify and/or correct.

Would you feel bad if you lost an ebay auction bidding on a fake Rolex watch ?  The Roth violin is fake. You saved your money.If you cannot determine the violin is real or not, you are best advised to buy from the Tarisio fine auctions or from a reputed dealer.

14 hours ago, Yogic said:

Would you feel bad if you lost an ebay auction bidding on a fake Rolex watch ?  The Roth violin is fake. You saved your money.If you cannot determine the violin is real or not, you are best advised to buy from the Tarisio fine auctions or from a reputed dealer.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check with you first; next time.

23 hours ago, Yogic said:

Are the T2 auctions not as reputable?

On 8/31/2021 at 10:36 AM, NickofTurl said:

Are the T2 auctions not as reputable?

Tarisio (and T2) are very professional. probably what some would consider the industry standard.

At tarisio, items are often sold as "by" with the auction house' reputation on the line - they are very careful, and very reputable. Buying there is in many ways close to or better than retail (minus the after-sales service).

T2 does not make attribution. Generally items offered are speculative in nature, or need (sometimes extensive) restoration. It is meant to be a platform for the trade where knowledgeable buyers/ dealers get their stock. Labels are mostly to be disregarded, and condition issues are often underestimated. If you think every violin with a Roth label is a Roth you should not shop at t2. Or if you ask if t2 is not as reputable it shows that you shouldn't shop there.