Maestronet Forums

Uh-oh!!! Competition juries being bad!

Rue

I wonder if the videos could have been downloaded and watched offline without bumping the view count, at least in theory...plausible deniability.

My kids were Fischoff semifinalists this year (high school age group) - they got to spend 45 minutes with the jurors going through comments in a Zoom meeting.  Even though it was online it was a very good experience and a very well-run competition.

This translation doesn't seem to have been made by either a professional or a bilingual person. Some parts might have been taken from an online translator without double-check.

Here are the most important corrections I can give (i'm fluent in English but not a professional translator)

Videos that posed a problem during the preselections (sound / download / access problem, etc.) were dismissed by some candidates following the jury’s request.

Some videos have posed a problem during the preselections (sound / download / access problem, etc.). The Jury asked the candidates to sent these videos a second time (probably through different technological means, but that's not explicitly written).

– The secretary of the jury, Ph. LEHAEN, was present at EACH EVENT and can testify to the good progress sessions.

– The secretary of the jury, Ph. LEHAEN, was present at EACH PERFORMANCE (VIEW) and can confirm the smooth running of the (view) sessions.

– The jury is selected by the Director of the Competition and by the Artistic Director but Elena Lavrenov had no voice during deliberations.

– The jury is selected by the Director of the Competition and by the Artistic Director but Elena Lavrenov has no voting rights during deliberations.

Mr. Arseniy STROKOVSKIY not having reacted to the formal notice of the Director of the Competition, she therefore left given to its Legal Advisers.

Mr. Arseniy STROKOVSKIY hasn't reacted to the formal notice of the Director of the Competition, Elena Lavrenov therefore handed over the case to her Legal Advisers (for further advice).