Maestronet Forums

More Trouble with Maestronet Loading.

David Beard

6 hours ago, Violadamore said:

OK, now tell me something that I don't already know..........

............and that wasn't it.  :D :lol: :P

I knew it :)  you do know stuff (tech) and I have pushed.. got the answer now. I actually would like this forum to be more open.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Peter K-G said:

I knew it :)  you do know stuff (tech) and I have pushed.. got the answer now. I actually would like this forum to be more open.

The extraordinary amount of knowledge and talent shared among the many members of this community is not something that I'd consider any secret.  Most of us here "know stuff".  :lol:

1 minute ago, Violadamore said:

The extraordinary amount of knowledge and talent shared among the many members of this community is not something that I'd consider any secret.  Most of us here "know stuff".  :lol:

Of course, but I got the feeling you actually knew something about the problem (IT) I could be wrong

3 minutes ago, Peter K-G said:

Of course, but I got the feeling you actually knew something about the problem (IT) I could be wrong

IMHO, the reticence which many show to the practice of rapping one's credentials on the table, encourages an open atmosphere in discussion, which would otherwise be lacking.  :)

1 minute ago, Rothwein said:

I concur, being a complete dilettante hobbyist. I believe the server is actually gordon hunt's iPad...

No, but that may be the console, which would explain a lot.   :lol:

On 7/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, Delabo said:

On the other hand if we click on the "Online Users" box at the top it shows numerous "guests" who presumably are not registered users browsing content. How are they doing that ?

I really don't understand why there are so many guests who can view the content.  What browser are they using? 

I really need to view the content as a guest.  I have written a python script that allows me to save a discussion in a very readable format instead of using the tedious cut and paste method.

Is this a temporary situation?

18 hours ago, Rothwein said:

Has maestronet grown to terabytes? BTW, should I become an enthusiast, I hereby reserve "Dilettante Hobbyist" as my caption (pending mod and site owner approval, of course.)

When I hit a thousand fatuous posts I'm gonna be 'Clueless Contributor' :ph34r: but I kind of like Dilettante Hobbyist. Have you trademarked it? B)

I have not, but the decision falls to the site admin and moderators. I appreciate your interest, and encourage you to explore the older posts among the titled members. I may have misspelt it in my first use of the term. I hope we can settle the issue convivially.

If you're in BC, maybe buy some Ghostbusters merch.

Edited by Rothwein
Fair trade practice.

Now everybody has a rocket ship next to their name and no other description of their membership. I actually noticed it first next to a post from Don Noon, which made sense. But then I saw everybody had them.