Maestronet Forums

Is this Juzek a Master Art?

Hello,

I recently purchased this violin to help a widow in need of funds. I initially passed on it due to a low neck angle and some other issues but long story short I own it now. From what I can find on internet searches the master arts should have red labels, ebony heels etc? When I looked at the violin I assumed the label may have been added later since it lacked those features. Now I am faced with some expensive repairs to bring it back to playing condition. I wanted to ask if it could be some level of Master Art and if so what would its value be in playing condition? 

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

IMG_7473.JPG

IMG_7474.JPG

IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7476.JPG

IMG_7483.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

IMG_7492.JPG

juzek10.jpg

1 hour ago, GeorgeH said:

No, it is not. It lacks both the features and the quality of an authentic Juzek Master Art brand violin. The label is fake. Sorry.

One can hardly help philosophising, to what extent any Schönbach box, with an American, Metropolitan Music slip of paper inside, could be “authentic” Jusek:)

1 hour ago, jacobsaunders said:

One can hardly help philosophising, to what extent any Schönbach box, with an American, Metropolitan Music slip of paper inside, could be “authentic” Jusek:)

I specifically said "brand." 

There are, for example, authentic Gucci-brand purses and counterfeit Gucci-brand purses that look virtually identical. The authentic Gucci-brand purses are expensive and the counterfeit Gucci-brand purses are not, but you can be certain that Guccio Gucci had nothing to do with the sewing of either.

Thanks for the info, I suspected it was not as it is labeled to be. 

On 6/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, PhilipKT said:

The violin may be a good player, once set up and repaired. Did it come with a bow?

Sadly no bow. It was setup very poorly when I got it, and even then it had a nice sound to it.