Maestronet Forums

Did anyone play the London Tarisio lots?

10 minutes ago, germain said:

The last there obviously caught my eye (Tononi, Goffriller and Rugeri) Silvestre looks intriguing and price seems low?

I like the look of the Jenny Bailey from the listings but I haven't looked at it in person.

I also like the Workshop of Claude Pierray one. https://tarisio.com/auctions/auction/lot/?csid=2199355392&cpid=3706699776&filter_key=

28 minutes ago, germain said:

Not a fan of new violins but the Massimo Negroni looks gorgeous no?

There was a 2013 Negroni in the last Bromptons sale that I think looked nicer, estimate was £7-£10k. Not sure what it sold for. Benefit of recording my rubish youtube videos of most auctions is that I can sometimes look back at things for reference. See 17:12 on this video. Can probably find it on way back machine as well.

25 minutes ago, Shelbow said:

There was a 2013 Negroni in the last Bromptons sale that I think looked nicer, estimate was £7-£10k. Not sure what it sold for. Benefit of recording my rubish youtube videos of most auctions is that I can sometimes look back at things for reference. See 17:12 on this video. Can probably find it on way back machine as well.

Wow... I wasn't familiar with this maker but now I am intrigued. Really gorgeous instruments!

2 hours ago, germain said:

Did you guys listen to the sound samples? Pretty funny how some of the much less expensive lots totally obliterate the top lots... I won't be specific here

1 hour ago, GeorgeH said:

Totally agree. The disconnect in the relationship between price and tone couldn’t be more obvious. 

No surprise to me.  If they gave demonstrations of all the "rubbish", there might be some real revelations.  You never know how something will sound until you play it.  :)