Fluorescent light guidance?

I was looking on eBay for very high power loupes And found several that are very inexpensive that also include a fluorescent light, so in addition to getting 60X magnification I have the choice of a fluorescent light.

My question is whether those fluorescent lights help see cracks or other anomalies, and if so, is there a particular kind which is to be preferred?

22 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

I was looking on eBay for very high power loupes And found several that are very inexpensive that also include a fluorescent light, so in addition to getting 60X magnification I have the choice of a fluorescent light.

My question is whether those fluorescent lights help see cracks or other anomalies, and if so, is there a particular kind which is to be preferred?

In general, a higher light level will aid visual detail resolution. As far as which type of fluorescent lighting is best, this can be all over the map, depending on what sort of color rendition one prioritizes, to how much "strobing" one finds acceptable. A fluorescent lamp with an old-style magnetic ballast will turn on and off 60 times per second (in the US). Many LED lights will too. Some people are fine with that, while others are not.