Albertus Blanchi violin in 1897, any more thoughts?

Hello everyone, i need help :rolleyes:

I bought this violin from a flea market in Vienna, Australia when i was travelling in 2015. I was beginner and taking violin lessons. Then, my violin teacher saw, got surprised and then she said she had seen a violin like that in the museums. She loved its voice as i love.

I googled the violin maker and find some info.

https://www.viaductviolins.com/en/maker/blanchi-albert.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-violin-French-label-Albert-BLANCHI-1906-ready-to-play-/164532967276

I give up the lessons and i want to sell my violin. But i really don't know how to value or find someone to be able to value it. Imitated, varnished or original? 

Any thoughts about this violin? If you know more about this violin maker, please also share. Thank you in advance!

IMG_20190416_202029.jpg

IMG_20190416_202018.jpg

IMG_20190407_133317.jpg

IMG_20190407_133250.jpg

IMG_20190407_133226.jpg

IMG_20190407_132320.jpg

I didn’t know of a flea market in Vienna, Australia, but if you mean the one in Austria, the danger of buying an Italian violin from the gypsies there are far less than getting struck by lightning 3 times on one afternoon. I presume it is a Bohemian violin, mutton dressed as lamb, with messed up varnish. If you are still in Vienna, you can bring it around, and I will have a closer look

This is not a Blanchi, sorry.

The Ebay example you linked to is also not a Blanchi.

The Viaduct Violins example is of course 100% genuine, and the differences should be glaringly obvious, even down to the label ....

1 hour ago, Three13 said:

The wide, rounded chamfer on the one in the thread you posted is quite memorable - I don’t think I’ve seen one from that angle before...

Yes... quirky but cool.  I especially liked the 'cello I had in the shop (I posted the scroll on that thread).

29 minutes ago, martin swan said:

This is not a Blanchi, sorry.

Awwww Martin...  I was hoping he'd figure that out for himself with a little help.  :-)

4 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

I didn’t know of a flea market in Vienna, Australia, but if you mean the one in Austria, the danger of buying an Italian violin from the gypsies there are far less than getting struck by lightning 3 times on one afternoon. I presume it is a Bohemian violin, mutton dressed as lamb, with messed up varnish. If you are still in Vienna, you can bring it around, and I will have a closer look

Ah! But didn't Lord Frederick Pope acquire the Nicolò Bussotti from the Romani camp on his vast estate in England? 

"What a marvelous violin! I was lured by the music, it drew me across the heath!"

:lol:

lol.jpg

3 hours ago, reepicheep said:

Ah! But didn't Lord Frederick Pope acquire the Nicolò Bussotti from the Romani camp on his vast estate in England? 

"What a marvelous violin! I was lured by the music, it drew me across the heath!"

:lol:

lol.jpg

It seems to be the right color, anyway...........     :ph34r:  :lol:

15 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

Sorry, Austria of course:)  The flea market was open on Saturdays in front of Kettenbrückengasse subway stop they said. I was staying at Cordial Appartements very close there. Just before i departed for my plane, i stopped by. As you mention i bought it from gypsies.

Funny comments:) i deeply understand what you say and try to get over:)

I am in Turkey now. So, i really appreciate for your help. Thanks to you all.

13 hours ago, Jeffrey Holmes said:

Yes... quirky but cool.  I especially liked the 'cello I had in the shop (I posted the scroll on that thread).

Awwww Martin...  I was hoping he'd figure that out for himself with a little help.  :-)

I am not he by the way:) i realized but just have a little hope. That's it.