Shockwave Therapy - Trigger Finger (stenosing tenosynovitis ) Anyone ??

PainfulGuy;  I'm sorry you are having difficulty.

Regarding your status update on the administrator's page: The first 10 posts by new member's are subject to approval.  This is an unfortunate necessity to prevent spammers sneaking through security on the discussion boards.

I am the person who has in the past, and currently, reviews these posts. In almost all cases (unless I am unavailable to do so), I will review and approve posts within 24 hours. Sometimes you'll be lucky and post just before I review, sometimes I'm afraid you'll need to wait.

BTW:I won't see PMs or status changes until after I've reviewed queued posts (as that is the first thing I do when I get on the site).

In this case, it seems your post was approved 45 minutes before you sent your status update.  It may be you need to refresh your browser. 

After 10 approved posts, new members posts will appear without delay.

@Jeffrey Holmes

Big thanks in advance for this thread approval. :)

@Alma

I am only asking for feedback with regards to using only SHOCKWAVE Therapy.

Non invasive treatment. Aka non surgical . Other treatment like using Gel/Cream, Fastum gel / Bengay, No thank you.

Please i hope whoever have tried it in the past, could you please share your past experience ?

Many thanks in advance...:wub:

Dexamethasone (a prescription steroid that counteracts inflammation of the tendon) treatment is non-invasive, non-surgical; it is not a drugstore DIY--the procedure is performed in a medical clinic.  [What is your objection?]

2 hours ago, Alma said:

Dexamethasone (a prescription steroid that counteracts inflammation of the tendon) treatment is non-invasive, non-surgical; it is not a drugstore DIY--the procedure is performed in a medical clinic.  [What is your objection?]

@Alma

I create this thread is discussion on Shockwave Therapy only. Nothing else, that's all.

Very simple to understand right ? :)

Thank U !

Edited by PainfulGuy

I'm back to make a correction--the procedure I had was Dexamethasone by Iontophoresis (not electrophoresis).  I apologize.  I called the clinic to find out whether I had the correct term, and it's Iontophoresis.  Please check into it!  By the way, I asked if shockwave therapy was used and the therapist was not familiar with it...this is at the major hand/arm clinic in Milwaukee WI.

26 minutes ago, Alma said:

I'm back to make a correction--the procedure I had was Dexamethasone by Iontophoresis (not electrophoresis).  I apologize.  I called the clinic to find out whether I had the correct term, and it's Iontophoresis.  Please check into it!  By the way, I asked if shockwave therapy was used and the therapist was not familiar with it...this is at the major hand/arm clinic in Milwaukee WI.

Mayo Clinic uses shockwave therapy.  It's a standard and effective treatment for joints/tendons.

Doesn't work for everyone; doctors say try it a couple times and if it doesn't give relief, move on to the next treatment option.

The best treatment but to me is risky is still minor surgical . To Release the A1 Pulley.

Which i think in future there might be some problem example like cannot lift HEAVY stuff or do some very frequent outdoor exercises.

So far i only seen 1 guy on other forum that he mentioned did use the Shockwave therapy and it was successful after 2 treatment. And the doctor who did the treatment suggested at least 3 times therapy.

As for the Injection aka Corticosteroids Jab, the chances of recurrences is very high. It is only a Temporary Relief for around 6 months or even lesser. And MAX is only 2 Jabs per finger as to prevent permanent damage on your Tendon.

Painful Guy,

The steroid treatment I had was not an injection;  iontophoresis is a transdermal application of dexamethasone--the medication penetrates the skin by electrical pressure; there is NO jab. It worked on the first application.  I did have a mild recurrence of trigger finger about a year later, but I was able to banish it completely by soaking my hand in hot and cold water.  No more trigger finger after that.  ( I also tried acupuncture, but that did absolutely nothing.) I have read about shockwave treatment, and it looks like it can be painful and may have to be repeated,  at times unsuccessfully.  I once again urge you to look into iontophoresis, as it is a much much milder treatment than shockwave, injection, or surgery.  In any case, you are wise to investigate every option...best wishes for a speedy recovery to you.

Alma

Interesting...First time i heard iontophoresis.... Anyway at least now i got 2 options.

And yes shockwave is not 100% proof to works.

Well so does surgery. There might be complications / risk involved. Simply said, no perfect solution.

Thanks Alma once again for your kind suggestion :)

You are right, no perfect solution; the cautious thing to do is to start with the least risky treatment.  I am so glad you are investigating all your options.  I have a friend (a musician) who has suffered with trigger finger for over a year and I think yesterday I finally convinced her to see a hand doctor to get it fixed.