• PhilipKT changed the title to Pretty violin

Pretty” is the new “Interesting” is it?

That Alban(i) was Stainers Apprentice is rubbish. We have a handwritten letter from Stainer himself that he didn’t have any apprentices. I cited it once before in an old thread on Stainer. The crappy (only two) pictures would far more suggest an earlier Klotz. It seems, squinting at the picture, to have a “brick”

10 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

Pretty” is the new “Interesting” is it?

That Alban(i) was Stainers Apprentice is rubbish. We have a handwritten letter from Stainer himself that he didn’t have any apprentices. I cited it once before in an old thread on Stainer. The crappy (only two) pictures would far more suggest an earlier Klotz. It seems, squinting at the picture, to have a “brick”

So, not rushing to bid on it, then?

5 minutes ago, jacobsaunders said:

I will defer to you, after all, you are the one who wastes his whole evening scrolling through myriads of dodgy Auction catalogues;)

You say that like it’s a bad thing!

Edited by PhilipKT

So...what makes it pretty? :rolleyes:

The flowing stripes, the sensuous f-holes? The pouty scroll? The long neck? The flirty end pin? The waist to hip ratio?

:ph34r:

33 minutes ago, Rue said:

So...what makes it pretty? :rolleyes:

The flowing stripes, the sensuous f-holes? The pouty scroll? The long neck? The flirty end pin? The waist to hip ratio?

:ph34r:

Its wonderful personality

[Pauses and looks around the thread, then pulls on a a pair of rubber boots before entering.]

Isn't it funny how any thread that starts with a "Tyrolian" reference quickly begins to resemble a feedlot?  :ph34r:  :lol:

On 2/9/2021 at 7:16 PM, Violadamore said:

[Pauses and looks around the thread, then pulls on a a pair of rubber foots before entering.]

Isn't it funny how any thread that starts with a "Tyrolian" reference quickly begins to resemble a feedlot?  :ph34r:  :lol:

That’s because Tyrolians are so great

with much gratitude to Jacob for sharing his hero with us.

laff laff laff all over again.

“Ich bin so schön,Ich bin so toll, Ich bin der Philip aus Plano...”

:-)

Edited by PhilipKT