Maestronet Forums

Can anybody tell me... Why?

25 minutes ago, Mystic said:

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Yeah, nothing but fools in the valley, think about them every time you pay your phone and internet bill.

Most players down there who work in tech (or their kids) have really nice violins.

20 minutes ago, avandesande said:

Possibly bidders in silicon valley were able to examine it

When a good violin comes up in auctions around here, people come out of the woodwork. However I suspect that it was a distance bidder, at least from what I see. 

It at least looks like a serviceable instrument

I went to personally inspect a violin that was on the Goodwill auction site, but the local Goodwill store said that the policy was not to allow inspection of auction items.

I don't know if that was this local store's policy only or a national policy.

19 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

I went to personally inspect a violin that was on the Goodwill auction site, but the local Goodwill store said that the policy was not to allow inspection of auction items.

I don't know if that was this local store's policy only or a national policy.

I think it varies from store to store.  I've looked at fiddles here in Seattle a couple times.  Of course now, nobody is allowed to come in due to COVID, I think there's a banner on the site about it and/or it's in most of the listings.  

19 hours ago, deans said:

When a good violin comes up in auctions around here, people come out of the woodwork. However I suspect that it was a distance bidder, at least from what I see. 

It at least looks like a serviceable instrument

I know it's almost impossible to tell but I was actually wondering about the bow... looks like old tinsel wrap maybe?  But not $977 wondering!