Maestronet Forums

Paul Beuscher violin ID

P J Lester

Paul Beuscher was a music store, selling instruments from the Mirecourt production. It still exists at the same address as 1850 and sells Chinese student instruments now:

https://www.paul-beuscher.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=1445104

Never heard about Pierre. Couldn't also find him at the Vannes Dictionnaire. 

4 hours ago, pipper said:

Seeking advice on authenticity of this violin. Is it what it claims to be?

s-l1600 (16).jpg

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (15).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

The instrument pictured has nothing to do with the labels that have been sloppily stuck inside. Before reading Wood Butcher's post, I'd have guessed it was being sold on eBay by one of several accounts in France that all seem to be interrelated. 

9 minutes ago, Three13 said:

The instrument pictured has nothing to do with the labels that have been sloppily stuck inside. Before reading Wood Butcher's post, I'd have guessed it was being sold on eBay by one of several accounts in France that all seem to be interrelated. 

Nonsense, there are many Mirecourt boxes labelled thus, presumably from day one, although I have never seen (noticed) the DG monogram “SHI” misspelt (ISH) before:)

4 minutes ago, jacobsaunders said:

Nonsense, there are many Mirecourt boxes labelled thus, presumably from day one, although I have never seen (noticed) the DG monogram “SHI” misspelt (ISH) before:)

Setting aside the Beuscher label, does the violin pictured above look anything like a del Gesu model?

4 minutes ago, Three13 said:

Setting aside the Beuscher label, does the violin pictured above look anything like a del Gesu model?

No, but as you can see in the Roth thread it isn't necassary to look as a Strad for a Strad model:)

3 hours ago, match said:

Paul Beuscher was a music store, selling instruments from the Mirecourt production. It still exists at the same address as 1850 and sells Chinese student instruments now:

https://www.paul-beuscher.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=1445104

Never heard about Pierre. Couldn't also find him at the Vannes Dictionnaire. 

photos+beuscher+1a.jpg

He was a fine seller, but had the bad obsession to glue his label on every instruments. A friend of mine bought a Vuillaume bow on his shop.