I've tried to make some experiment to see the difference between UVA/B/C for Tanning. The finale result does show some difference. UVA or B ,I really cannot tell if there were some  difference  for white instrument tanning. The C is quite different form the A or B(light amber colour) , It's more like "pale yellow" colour. 

11 hours ago, Gino Yu said:

I've tried to make some experiment to see the difference between UVA/B/C for Tanning. The finale result does show some difference. UVA or B ,I really cannot tell if there were some  difference  for white instrument tanning. The C is quite different form the A or B(light amber colour) , It's more like "pale yellow" colour.

Hi Gino, welcome to Maestronet, it's nice to see you here!:)

I share your impressions, UV-C are much faster in tanning wood but the quality of the final color is not up to what you get with UV-A / UV-B.

One more reason not to use UV-C, given their harmfulness.

21 hours ago, Davide Sora said:

Hi Gino, welcome to Maestronet, it's nice to see you here!:)

I share your impressions, UV-C are much faster in tanning wood but the quality of the final colour is not up to what you get with UV-A / UV-B.

One more reason not to use UV-C, given their harmfulness.

Ciao Maestro~

Yes, I have just tried once to look at the UV-C for 10-20 seconds, (really curious what gonna happens )and for the next week my eyes are burning. 

Now I'm living in Melbourne, It's a very sunny place in summer, the wood tanning is much easier with the sunlight. 

10 hours ago, Gino Yu said:

Ciao Maestro~

Yes, I have just tried once to look at the UV-C for 10-20 seconds, (really curious what gonna happens )and for the next week my eyes are burning. 

Now I'm living in Melbourne, It's a very sunny place in summer, the wood tanning is much easier with the sunlight. 

Gino, I hope you were kidding. The effects of UVC are not only the short-term discomfort that you experienced. Among other things, it accelerates the development of cataracts.

3 hours ago, David Burgess said:

Gino, I hope you were kidding. The effects of UVC are not only the short-term discomfort that you experienced. Among other things, it accelerates the development of cataracts.

Unfortunately, It's the true story happened 5-6 years ago. So I might be a blind maker every moment since then. God bless me.

I compared uvb and uvc for tanning. Uvc is way superior and faster but be careful with your eyes, it is dangerous, not only for the eyes, also for the skin. It will cause skin shaver on longer exposure. In a light box it can be handled safely though.