Refinishing the refinished?

Getting old just sucks. :(

Kinda like death by 1000 cuts. 

However! I keep getting inspired by certain people that I read about!  For example, the Queen, age 94, still rides a horse!  Doesn't matter how much help she has available to get her up and down from the horse, she can still ride astride and walk afterwards!!!  I'm in awe.

And a woman, living in a city north of us, 106 years old, just survived a bout of Covid!  Yay! 

And Perlman...at 75 years of age and with his health issues...is still touring!

Gotta look to the future! ^_^

2 hours ago, sospiri said:

I thought the main reasons for going to the gym these days was to either pose or ogle?

Hey, whatever gets you there. :)

32 minutes ago, Rue said:

However! I keep getting inspired by certain people that I read about!  For example, the Queen, age 94, still rides a horse!  Doesn't matter how much help she has available to get her up and down from the horse, she can still ride astride and walk afterwards!!!  I'm in awe.

Horrors, the Queen rides astride??? Isn't that rather un-Lady-like? :o

On 1/4/2021 at 9:30 PM, PhilipKT said:

More importantly, why are you drinking DIET Dr Pepper??

(shudder)

The areas in Saskatchewan I'm familiar with, the drink of choice is home distilled alcohol.:blink:

1 hour ago, Bill Yacey said:

The areas in Saskatchewan I'm familiar with, the drink of choice is home distilled alcohol.:blink:

Exactly where are you hanging out? :P

2 hours ago, Greg Sigworth said:

Are you talking about the horse or about people?

Well, since I wasn't able to confirm the gender of the horse...

On 1/6/2021 at 9:45 PM, Rue said:

Exactly where are you hanging out? :P

Just about anywhere from Pierceland through Prince Albert,  Saskatoon to Yorkton. Just about any place there was Ukrainian settlement. It's a cultural thing.;)

Hmm...well then maybe you're the right person to ask this of:

Hubby's Polish genetics made a rather aggressive and hungry demand for ethnic food during the holidays, so we ordered the Ukrainian Holiday Special from a local butcher.  We had to order the 'Meal for 8' (smallest serving we could order) .  I figured if we didn't eat it during the week, I could parcel it out to the kids.

We received:

A.  A relatively small number of cabbage rolls.  But given they're labour intensive, I understand.  Still more than enough.

B. A goodly amount of perogies, swimming in an ungodly amount of butter.

C. More sausage than anyone could possibly eat.  Ever.

D. Some very unremarkable buns.  But no problem with the amount.  The chicken liked them, so that worked out.

E. Bacon bits (fine).  Sour cream (good grief, who can eat THAT much?).  Another large tub of butter, for the buns.

My question is:  How much butter and sausage do Ukrainians consume?  Why hasn't all of the Ukraine stopped moving from clogged arteries? Hubby is part Polish, and I have Polish and Russian relatives.  Food is the same.  Amounts appear to be radically different...lol...

16 minutes ago, Rue said:

My question is:  How much butter and sausage do Ukrainians consume?  Why hasn't all of the Ukraine stopped moving from clogged arteries? Hubby is part Polish, and I have Polish and Russian relatives.  Food is the same.  Amounts appear to be radically different...lol...

Some eastern European food can be like that, but I have to say I enjoyed some of the Polish restaurants in the Chicago area.  It might be a good idea to give it another try, if you can find the right place.  Or else make it yourself if that's an option.  :D

16 minutes ago, La Folia said:

....  Or else make it yourself if that's an option.  :D

I'll tell hubby you told him to get cracking! ^_^

FWIW, Oma taught me how to make perogies with beautifully fluted edges...none of this mass-produced K-Tel Perogy Maker stuff.  Do you have ANY idea how labour intensive that is?  Do you have ANY idea how disheartening it is to spend all that time making beautifully handcrafted perogies, only to watch them all being scarfed down without any regard whatsoever to their aesthetics? <_<

40 minutes ago, Rue said:

Why hasn't all of the Ukraine stopped moving from clogged arteries?

Probably washing them out with horilka.  :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, Rue said:

Do you have ANY idea how disheartening it is to spend all that time making beautifully handcrafted perogies, only to watch them all being scarfed down without any regard whatsoever to their aesthetics? <_<

[Watches another pile of stuffed grape leaves disappear.]  Yup.  Make some convincing wax replicas, stick them in randomly, and they'll have to examine each one..........   :ph34r:  :lol:

3 hours ago, Bill Yacey said:

Just about anywhere from Pierceland through Prince Albert,  Saskatoon to Yorkton. Just about any place there was Ukrainian settlement. It's a cultural thing.;)

Haha my hubby was gifted some home brew after doing a job by a settlement. He had a particularly hard day at work a few weeks later and got into the stuff. 

A few hours later I just saw his feet sticking out from the bushes by the shop....

I suspect this magical stuff is what keeps their arteries clear as a whistle when the amount of butter is a kin to the amount of water most would use to boil perogies!

6 hours ago, Lula said:

Haha my hubby was gifted some home brew after doing a job by a settlement. He had a particularly hard day at work a few weeks later and got into the stuff. 

A few hours later I just saw his feet sticking out from the bushes by the shop....

I suspect this magical stuff is what keeps their arteries clear as a whistle when the amount of butter is a kin to the amount of water most would use to boil perogies!

:lol:!  At any Ukrainian party, there is copious quantities of liquor and fatty foods. The fat absorbs the alcohol and allows one to drink more without getting sick, or tanked as quickly.