Old possibly French violin, JTL?

“Possibly French” begs the question if it couldn’t possibly be something else, doesn’t it. The violin seems to have been made to have a slightly “old” complexion (screw driver wear etc.) and I could imagine, could theoretically have been made anywhere else where they made violins that were slightly “copied”. To be sure, one would need a good look at the inside work, and for that, Brombay’s pictures are inadequate

12 hours ago, jacobsaunders said:

“Possibly French” begs the question if it couldn’t possibly be something else, doesn’t it. The violin seems to have been made to have a slightly “old” complexion (screw driver wear etc.) and I could imagine, could theoretically have been made anywhere else where they made violins that were slightly “copied”. To be sure, one would need a good look at the inside work, and for that, Brombay’s pictures are inadequate

Thanks Jacob, that's very comprehensive!:)

22 minutes ago, Wood Butcher said:

It's a real beer? I thought it was a made up name for The Simpsons, and Homer's favourite brew.

I don’t think it’s a real beer, but several brewing companies probably bought the right to Make small batches as novelty items. Personally I prefer foreign beer. Americans do many things quite well... but not beer.

5 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

Personally I prefer foreign beer. Americans do many things quite well... but not beer.

It's supposed to be brewed in Nottingham. But probably they won't make the right stuff, too. :) Chinese beer is astoningishly well brewed, so they could buy the license.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, PhilipKT said:

Personally I prefer foreign beer. Americans do many things quite well... but not beer.

Hmmm....perhaps you are referring to Coors and Budweiser?    Try some Pacific NW brews.    Besides the staples like Sierra Nevada and Deschutes breweries, there are thousands of microbreweries.

19 minutes ago, Brad H said:

Hmmm....perhaps you are referring to Coors and Budweiser?    Try some Pacific NW brews.    Besides the staples like Sierra Nevada and Deschutes breweries, there are thousands of microbreweries.

Oh I love the New Belgium beers. Fat Tire is my new Go-To beer and of course I love Sam Adams. But at the ballpark, it’s Coors or Budweiser. It’s like the beer concession is selected by Alcoholics Anonymous.

never drunk a beer in Seattle but my son just got a job at Amazon and he may be moving. So I’ll have a chance.

always wanted to catch the Mariners in person too.