Sign in to follow this  
Burnham Violin Co.

Restored Georg Winterling Violin, Krailling 1922

7 minutes ago, J.DiLisio said:

Is it a Bergonzi model?

You know, I'm not sure which models he used. It appears quite Stradiviarian to me, but it's certainly a possibility. Bergonzi to me always have a very particular shape to the upper portion of the top and c bouts which I don't see here, but it's all speculation. 

1 hour ago, rudall said:

Surely such blatant advertising shouldn’t be allowed here?

I'm not advertising here, just thought people would like to see interesting instruments that have gone through thorough restorations.  I didn't mention that the violin is for sale at all. I tried to upload the photos of the restoration but received and error message, so I provided a link to my website. Didn't see the harm in that. 

1 hour ago, ctanzio said:

I enjoyed viewing the restoration photos. Spectacular repair of the top plate that was cleaved its entire length. 

I'm glad you liked it! It was quite the job and very rewarding to get it back to playing music after decades of neglect in an attic. 

22 hours ago, Burnham Violin Co. said:

I'm not advertising here, just thought people would like to see interesting instruments that have gone through thorough restorations.  I didn't mention that the violin is for sale at all. I tried to upload the photos of the restoration but received and error message, so I provided a link to my website. Didn't see the harm in that. 

The maximum file size per image is about 2mb which is quite limited. Your files were probably larger than that which is probably why you received the error message.