Jump to content
Maestronet Forums

VSA? Anyone? Favorite lecture?


l33tplaya
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm waiting for the recorded versions to come out because I'm working. I'll be able to watch the live versions this weekend.  I did watch the first half of the Amati digital presentation. It was done well, but not really for me. It did push me a little closer to buying Denis' book. I'm really looking forward to 'Oberlin Acoustics Workshop: Evan Davis: What about the Cello?' presentation, as I'm working on my first cello build now.  I miss the one-one side conversations of the live convention.  I'm surprised vendors are making more of an effort to show their goodies.  Although I did buy a sound post setter from Yanbing.

Cheers,

Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Michael_Molnar said:

I enjoyed Gregg Alf’s talk on The Messiah. Very good production, done professionally.

Could you post a link for those who are VSA members, or who are registered for the convention?

If the link is only supposed to be provided to those who have registered, I understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jerry Lynn said:

Jim,
 

The bulk of the presentations are pre—recorded presentations that are already up.. most of the live sessions slated for the weekend are Q&A.  
 

Jerry

 

My favorites so far have been Alberti Tools and Carlo Chiesa.  

Hi Jerry,

Some yes, some no. I was able to watch yours and Greg Alf's and a couple of others from the video gallery. However none of the Oberlin acoustic live presentations are available yet.  Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?  BTW, your presentation was nice and informative.

Cheers,

Jim

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Could you post a link for those who are VSA members, or who are registered for the convention?

If the link is only supposed to be provided to those who have registered, I understand.

David,

In the Home Screen of the Whova app click on videos, in the next page Gregg’s video is about half way down.

 

Jerry 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jim Bress said:

Hi Jerry,

Some yes, some no. I was able to watch yours and Greg Alf's and a couple of others from the video gallery. However none of the Oberlin acoustic live presentations are available yet.  Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?  BTW, your presentation was nice and informative.

Cheers,

Jim

 

Jim,

No, you are right, none of the acoustics stuff is up.  My statement to you was a blanket statement... Despite the very good work that the organizers have done, a good many people I’ve interacted with online the past few days had no idea that there was prerecorded material posted for viewing.  
 

Thank you for your kind words!  I’m a little worried that nobody has watched it, and my q&a session will be me reciting limericks I learned from Burgess.  


Jerry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ethan Ford Heath said:

I missed the registration DL for the convention; does anyone know whether the convention recordings would be available to lapsed VSA members who re-join now?

It was advertised that the registration fee would go towards your membership dues. Essentially free if you planned to maintain membership. Hopefully they'll let you in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, catnip said:

The videos are being saved and are available on youtube although you might not find them if you do a youtube search since viewer count is very low.  Here are two that are very interesting by Woodhouse and Alf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esVdieAF7jM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqZ9qvWMQkU

During Jim Woodhouse's interesting presentation he mentioned his website :  euponics.org

I think it is an excellent tutorial for violin makers interested in violin acoustics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, catnip said:

The videos are being saved and are available on youtube although you might not find them if you do a youtube search since viewer count is very low.  Here are two that are very interesting by Woodhouse and Alf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esVdieAF7jM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqZ9qvWMQkU

Thanks for the links:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...