Glenn Wood's Case Collection at Skinners -- Special Catalog

The auction of Glenn's fabulous collection of violin cases at Skinners started yesterday, November 9.  That sale also includes violins and bows by other consignors, all pictured in their regular online catalog.  I know this auction has been discussed on the Auction Scroll, but I would like to draw your attention to a separate, special catalog just for Glenn's cases that Skinners also has published:  "The Collection of Dr. Glenn P. Wood."

The special catalog includes more photos of each case than are available in the regular catalog, including additional photos and details on the history and construction of each case (see photo).  You can view and order a copy here:  https://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/the-collection-of-dr-glenn-p-wood-3490t/ .  I have just ordered one -- cost 34Euros plus mailing, with discounts for multiple copies.  (I'm not sure where they're coming from or, as a result, how long the delivery will take.)  This should be a nice complement to Glenn's book "The Art & History of Violin Cases" (and maybe a good preview of his next installment?). 

Richard

99A465E5-94F9-445E-95B3-230C4F0DD7D5.png

19 hours ago, Richf said:
The auction of Glenn's fabulous collection of violin cases at Skinners started yesterday, November 9.  That sale also includes violins and bows by other consignors, all pictured in their regular online catalog.  I know this auction has been discussed on the Auction Scroll, but I would like to draw your attention to a separate, special catalog just for Glenn's cases that Skinners also has published:  "The Collection of Dr. Glenn P. Wood."

The special catalog includes more photos of each case than are available in the regular catalog, including additional photos and details on the history and construction of each case (see photo).  You can view and order a copy here:  https://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/the-collection-of-dr-glenn-p-wood-3490t/ .  I have just ordered one -- cost 34Euros plus mailing, with discounts for multiple copies.  (I'm not sure where they're coming from or, as a result, how long the delivery will take.)  This should be a nice complement to Glenn's book "The Art & History of Violin Cases" (and maybe a good preview of his next installment?). 

Richard

99A465E5-94F9-445E-95B3-230C4F0DD7D5.png

Most collections are sold when the owner has passed. In this case, I'm planning to relocate to Europe, Covid permitting, and I didn't like the idea of traveling with all these cases. Also, the timing seems good as Dimitri Musafia tells me his business in cases is booming. It seems that enforced isolation it not only encouraging folks to remodel their homes but also to upgrade the accommodation for their favorite violins.

Glenn