Nurnberger Bow

Identifying an Nurnberger. I like this best out of every bow I've played which has been about 28 now ranging from cheap brazilwoods to Sartories. Looking for an authenticity check. I will be bringing the bow to Isaac Salchow on Wednesday but wanted see what the Maestronet Family had to say. Thanks all!

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

7 minutes ago, bsharma8 said:

A scratch, I triple checked

I'm not an expert, but I've owned a number of Nurnbergers. Looks legit to me, probably a Carl Albert Nurnberger judging by the head. Frog looks like it's been filed slightly around the thumb projection, which is a shame but it's not too severe (some cracks around that area as well but not too bad). The odd pin on the back of the frog might have been added later? Let us know what you find out.

6 hours ago, martin swan said:

If you're on first name terms with Isaac, why nor buy your bow from him? You would get something in perfect condition with a guarantee of authenticity and you wouldn't have to consult with the Maestronet family :D

Thanks Martin. Unfortunately, most things would out of my price range if I wanted to pay retail in NYC. If I’m bothering you, you can just let me know. 

16 hours ago, duane88 said:

1 can't say that I have seen the offset pins on the talon before on a Nurnberger.

2 is the side of the head cracked, as in what we call a blown cheek, or is it just a scratch? 

I think it is just a scratch. But a pin on button is missing (happens when button hits somewhere). Also a pin is missing from underslide etc.

But one can easy compare the tip arching/ frog  - with other Nurnbergers on web. 

17 hours ago, bsharma8 said:

28 now ranging from cheap brazilwoods to Sartories.

The gape between cheap bows and "Sartories" is.... way to big. A violinist that goes for "Sartories" is not mixing the experiance with cheap bows. What is your goal?

36 minutes ago, Nik Kyklo said:

I think it is just a scratch. But a pin on button is missing (happens when button hits somewhere). Also a pin is missing from underslide etc.

But one can easy compare the tip arching/ frog  - with other Nurnbergers on web. 

The gape between cheap bows and "Sartories" is.... way to big. A violinist that goes for "Sartories" is not mixing the experiance with cheap bows. What is your goal?

I just had the option of trying them out tbh, I had myself capped at lower 5 figures as an amateur. Just wanted to test the waters and then find something in my price range.