Sign in to follow this  
______

Themes from Red violin movie

After watching this, I realize I am not worthy to play the violin. I am switching to triangle.

Thanks a lot for posting this and ruining my dreams as a violin soloist.

7 minutes ago, ctanzio said:

After watching this, I realize I am not worthy to play the violin. I am switching to triangle.

Thanks a lot for posting this and ruining my dreams as a violin soloist.

Hi!

At least there are both of us :-P It's easier to bear knowing I'm not alone ;-)

Anyway I can say that after watching a dozen of Augustin's uploads I'm Hadelich addicted.

I binge on his YT channel too. His videos are both uplifting to hear, and depressing in the vast chasm separating my skills from his. 

There are certain subtle things about his YT "studio" performances that only a player can appreciate I think.

For example, they appear to be closely mic'd  as you can hear his breathing, but there is a complete lack of spurious playing noises, like fingers hitting the board, small squeeks and minor articulation dings on string crossings, bow hissing on long slow decrescendo notes.

In this video, I liked how he seemed to change the lighting (or maybe a post-production trick) to make his violin appear red.

Anyways, I started working on my triangle career and made the mistake of searching youtube for suitable instruction and came across this...

Another one of my promising careers in music, ruined....

On 10/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, ctanzio said:

I binge on his YT channel too. His videos are both uplifting to hear, and depressing in the vast chasm separating my skills from his. 

There are certain subtle things about his YT "studio" performances that only a player can appreciate I think.

For example, they appear to be closely mic'd  as you can hear his breathing, but there is a complete lack of spurious playing noises, like fingers hitting the board, small squeeks and minor articulation dings on string crossings, bow hissing on long slow decrescendo notes.

In this video, I liked how he seemed to change the lighting (or maybe a post-production trick) to make his violin appear red.

Anyways, I started working on my triangle career and made the mistake of searching youtube for suitable instruction and came across this...

Another one of my promising careers in music, ruined....

That is quite impressive performance. I checked and there are other variations...can't stop watching them :-O

On 10/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, ______ said:

Anyway I can say that after watching a dozen of Augustin's uploads I'm Hadelich addicted.

I also spent time learning from his excellent videos, during this strange year.  So well executed, and such a joy to appreciate. Helps to play the Leduc, but he really has the skills and the ability to break it down for all the rest of us.  A gift to the violin community, thanks Augustin.

I can't help noticing that his left hand does not touch the FB on the first finger side, but always has a prominent gap.  Just rather interesting to me, as I've always loosely brushed against the side of the board on the finger side, except during vibrato.  I'm sure his style has advantages.