Sign in to follow this  
Violadamore

Mystery dark-varnish violin

Could be also from Transsilvania, just escaped from the vampire coffin. I'm getting a shiver just by looking at the razor sharp edges of the nut.:wacko:

...dunno, but it's invoking the spirit of Halloween...*bwahaha<coffcoff>haha*...

A contemporary trade violin which ironically is probably a lot better in its essential construction than the thing it’s trying to imitate.

A triumph of postmodernism ...

1 hour ago, martin swan said:

A contemporary trade violin which ironically is probably a lot better in its essential construction than the thing it’s trying to imitate.

A triumph of postmodernism ...

I have purchased several of these for $50.00 direct from china, free shipping,

Not only because I wanted to boycott you Martian, only for a moment,,, but to really see what it's all about,

2 necks warped, great workmanship, made of green wood,,1, fantastic workmanship, but heavy,

one was creepily good,,,, a little too good.

Hope you didn't feel the loss,,

You know, somebody back at the office said to themselves, “I think this would be a good thing.“

that thought is always a source of wonder for me…

21 minutes ago, PhilipKT said:

How does it sound?

No way I'd know, there's no audio or video clip in the ad.  :lol:  :P

I'll let this percolate a while longer, then do a reveal.    :)

The reveal is that it's not a violin at all, it is in fact a very cleverly disguised waffle maker!

The things that engineers can do these days, it really blows my mind.

Yes, it's Chinese.   What caught my attention wasn't just the over-the-top antiqued varnish job.  This particular Chinese reseller usually has comparatively high prices for their offerings, but not this model, which seems odd.  A couple of months ago, they were selling this type for an even lower $41.65, which makes one wonder what the cost before markup is.  It can't be much. :huh:

BlkVar007.thumb.jpg.f4ad6956e4019e31103e761eeb98aad1.jpg

BlkVar008.thumb.jpg.3fc5c342213891fbc21aec6a7fa14526.jpg

Their "master maker" (who gets waved at the audience in most of their ads) must be a frugal fellow indeed, to live on what he'd get from an offering like this.  :lol:

I have a fractional Song violin.

Thankfully mine doesn't look like that...

36 minutes ago, Violadamore said:

Yes, it's Chinese.   What caught my attention wasn't just the over-the-top antiqued varnish job.  This particular Chinese reseller usually has comparatively high prices for their offerings, but not this model, which seems odd.  A couple of months ago, they were selling this type for an even lower $41.65, which makes one wonder what the cost before markup is.  It can't be much. :huh:

BlkVar007.thumb.jpg.f4ad6956e4019e31103e761eeb98aad1.jpg

BlkVar008.thumb.jpg.3fc5c342213891fbc21aec6a7fa14526.jpg

Their "master maker" (who gets waved at the audience in most of their ads) must be a frugal fellow indeed, to live on what he'd get from an offering like this.  :lol:

It is pity for that minimal price to sell a violin with quality just one grade below a Juzek :lol:

7 minutes ago, zhiyi_zhang617 said:

It is pity for that minimal price to sell a violin with quality just one grade below a Juzek :lol:

OTOH, it makes me wonder why any rational buyer would pay thousands for a Juzek.  :lol:

It's clearly modelled on the ones we learned on at school. For complete authenticity it needs a crust of rosin, a few short splits and a house spider inside