Maestronet Forums

not quite sure what to make of this advert

vathek

2 hours ago, Ernee said:

Perhaps. 

But we are a long way from David Burgess or Joseph Curtin getting paid millions to wear the logos of cushion makers.

I have never asked for, nor accepted any money for my endorsements. But I do get what you may be trying to put across.

At the Oberlin Workshops, whoopee-cushions have served quite well to diffuse the myths about fiddle work being a priggish pursuit. :)

53 minutes ago, Davide Sora said:

Who is Mancini? I have never heard this name among Cremonese luthiers. It seems like a nice fictional story to promote the magic cushion, nothing more.

right. it's total bs from some goomer in singapore.  you can;t even navigate to that page from their main page.  my theory is sites like that are demos or school projects or maybe abandoned or half-working enterprises that got indexed by google and show up in searches, which is a brief breath of fresh air actually, as iit means nothing is determining fully for us what's real and what's not.  yet

14 hours ago, David Burgess said:

I have never asked for, nor accepted any money for my endorsements.

you're going to accept money from the sawsall  deal i'm working on, because i want 20% of it.  while i'm at it  --  what do you think of harbor freight scrapers and  planes?  do you have a well-lit 1x2 color photo portrait that would look good in newsprint?

23 hours ago, David Burgess said:

I have never asked for, nor accepted any money for my endorsements. But I do get what you may be trying to put across.

At the Oberlin Workshops, whoopee-cushions have served quite well to diffuse the myths about fiddle work being a priggish pursuit. :)

You need to make Nike compete for each of your butts.  The "Air Burgess" could have its own patented "Blazing Saddles" escape valve.

It's an ages-old heart-warming tale - of the grizzled old man coming to the aid of the young damsel in need...

Even if none of it really makes sense, you should still get the warm fuzzies...:wub:

FWIW ...if it were true, I  can't find a Rosa Mancini either...but she could have a different last name.

...and, if it was written in China, the English is better than usual!

14 hours ago, Bill Merkel said:

you're going to accept money from the sawsall  deal i'm working on, because i want 20% of it.  while i'm at it  --  what do you think of harbor freight scrapers and  planes?  do you have a well-lit 1x2 color photo portrait that would look good in newsprint?

5 hours ago, Ernee said:

You need to make Nike compete for each of your butts.  The "Air Burgess" could have its own patented "Blazing Saddles" escape valve.

Dang, there are so many brilliant people here. Bill, my current contract gives my promoter/publicist 50%, and Sawzall another 20%, but I at least I do get free potential new accessories to their attachment product line to test and evaluate.

001.JPG

15 hours ago, David Burgess said:

Dang, there are so many brilliant people here. Bill, my current contract gives my promoter/publicist 50%, and Sawzall another 20%, but I at least I do get free potential new accessories to their attachment product line to test and evaluate.

001.JPG

Return to you lives citizens! Nothing unusual to see here.