That is a sexy beast! Fantastic!  Can you tell us about the neck construction.  I see the black line running down the middle which makes me think a two piece neck, or maybe three if the line is a thin layer of another material.  Unless a line is just a line.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks. The neck is really made of two (three) pieces. The line is a piece of blacked maple. There are some reasons ... I can carve pegbox before gluing, it is easier than classical method. And ... I can simply use a standard 50 mm maple plank. And .. I can cut two ribs from the peaces before cutting and gluing the neck. When I am cutting the scroll I can see exact centre of material. The neck is probably more durable on twist deformation. Sometimes I put into the neck a prism of massaranduba wood. Kind of reinforsment. It works and neck can be thiner. I am from Bohemia and some Bohemian basses from Luby u Chebu (Schonbach) from 1960 - 70 have necks glued from 5 pieces. The centre of that neck look as a purfling. One czech luthier advice me this solution. 

• 2 months later...