Chinese knockoff Herdim Closing Clamps - 32pcs

For your consideration, a full 32 piece set of the well-known knockoff herdim closing clamps sold by a variety of Chinese eBay vendors. They have been modified to better resemble the correct jaw structure of the original herdims, because they don't work correctly if you don't. These sell new and unusable for $130 shipped from China, I am offering them used and usable for $100 shipped. 

IMG_20200807_131032.jpg

IMG_20200807_131037.jpg

I did that with mine too, but I can’t help thinking that after all these years the manufacturer would have realized that they’re wrong and changed them. I guess they’d have to remake the molds, essentially starting from scratch, and since people still buy them anyway (like me, who didn’t know better at the time), why bother? They’re good after modifying them.

22 minutes ago, MarkBouquet said:

I did that with mine too, but I can’t help thinking that after all these years the manufacturer would have realized that they’re wrong and changed them. I guess they’d have to remake the molds, essentially starting from scratch, and since people still buy them anyway (like me, who didn’t know better at the time), why bother? They’re good after modifying them.

I think you've hit the nail on the head! I have replaced these with another Chinese set, recommended by Jerry Lynn, that's made of wood with leather lined jaws. It took almost four months from when I ordered because they first sent me - wait for it- another set of the herdim knock offs. It had been five years since I bought and modified my set and they are clearly using the same molds. 

21 hours ago, MarkBouquet said:

Me too, made a huge difference.  However, I finally pulled the trigger for the real thing and after years of using the "modified" chinese, I would never go back.  What I like the most about the Herdim, is the "softness and pliability" of the material, keeps the jaw from wanting to "spin" when tightening quickly.

I can''t figure out why they don't modify the mold either, it's a bit of a no brainer. If they did that, and also changed the material to a hardish rubber, they could sell way more without much of a cost increase.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would buy them all if you can post them to my location. I am from Seattle, possible you close to my place, check about population of Seattle. But I need to know were exactly you are based. I need this information to calculate how much the delivery to the door will cost me. And I need to know the rough weight of the parcel. Honestly, I do not think it will be too expensive.

Edited by doiiels

The bull nose plane looks like the perfect tool for the job. 

On 8/8/2020 at 2:09 PM, JacksonMaberry said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head! I have replaced these with another Chinese set, recommended by Jerry Lynn, that's made of wood with leather lined jaws. It took almost four months from when I ordered because they first sent me - wait for it- another set of the herdim knock offs. It had been five years since I bought and modified my set and they are clearly using the same molds. 

Hey Jackson, do you have a link for the wood and leather clamps?  I'm curious to see how nice those are.