Sign in to follow this  
SingingTree Tonewood

Lost Souls,

59 minutes ago, SingingTree Tonewood said:

What does one do? 

With these lost souls, 

scroll neck box.jpg

"It is estimated that in total, Stradivari made around 1,100 musical instruments in total. Of these, 600 are still thought to be in existence. Of that number, only 244 violins are currently accounted for."  https://newviolinist.com/how-many-stradivarius-violins-are-there/

You do of course realize that any of those could be an undiscovered Stradivarius.  My current theory is that the undiscovered Strads are lying around in plain sight, ignored evidence that, unknown to history, besides the well-known masterpieces, Tony was making a student line indistinguishable from Juzeks or whatever as his bread-and-butter.  :ph34r:  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Violadamore said:

You do of course realize that any of those could be an undiscovered Stradivarius.  My current theory is that the undiscovered Strads are lying around in plain sight, ignored proof that besides the well-known masterpieces, Tony was making a student line indistinguishable from Juzeks or whatever as his bread-and-butter.  :ph34r:  :lol:

Hmmm,,.We must looks closer,,.      

7 minutes ago, SingingTree Tonewood said:

Hmmm,,.We must looks closer,,.     

she's getting her history from the history channel or npr

15 minutes ago, Bill Merkel said:

she's getting her history from the history channel or npr

How dare you accuse me of plagiarism!!!  :angry:  I'll have you know that I compose my posts to the highest standards of modern journalism.  I make it up as I go along.  :P  :ph34r:  :lol:

25 minutes ago, Violadamore said:

I'll have you know that I compose my posts to the highest standards of modern journalism.  I make it up as I go along.  :P  :ph34r:  :lol:

Isn't this statement redundant?

:wacko:

When was the last time a Strad was discovered in an attic? Not for more than a century I suspect.

I know you harvest wood.  Do you grow trees or garden?  Let these forgotten soldiers be reborn by using their ashes in compost or fertilizer. They will become part of a new tree, or maybe lunch. :)

-Jim 

Use them to make "camping violins" by using PVC pipe for the body. You probably have plenty of old tailpieces and bridges. 

On July 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM, Violadamore said:

"It is estimated that in total, Stradivari made around 1,100 musical instruments in total. Of these, 600 are still thought to be in existence. Of that number, only 244 violins are currently accounted for."  https://newviolinist.com/how-many-stradivarius-violins-are-there/

You do of course realize that any of those could be an undiscovered Stradivarius.  My current theory is that the undiscovered Strads are lying around in plain sight, ignored evidence that, unknown to history, besides the well-known masterpieces, Tony was making a student line indistinguishable from Juzeks or whatever as his bread-and-butter.  :ph34r:  :lol:

Who estimated 1100?

the guy who wants to sell his Juzek collection?